code 23...knock sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok i finally got it...it seems to be the knock sensor...two long flashes followed by 3 short ones...am i correct...where would this be located...how hard is it to change...

94 vx...sir2 b16a...usdm p30 and i'm not sure if its on the block...where would that be so i can take a look..

lol

you need to run the wire. if you have a d-series in there before, your harness doesn't have it.

its a single wire. run it from the sensor (back of block, green-ish usually) to the pinout in the ecu, which can be found in the reference section

Originally posted by formby@Sep 22 2005, 12:07 PM
WTF????
why do you ask a question...then you get an answer....and you ask again
[post=558639]Quoted post[/post]​

i didnt ask the same question again....just had another one...alright...sorry bout that...i thought these were supposed to be helpful forums, guess not....well so far it has until you posted...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 12:08 PM
lol

you need to run the wire. if you have a d-series in there before, your harness doesn't have it.

its a single wire. run it from the sensor (back of block, green-ish usually) to the pinout in the ecu, which can be found in the reference section
[post=558641]Quoted post[/post]​

it should ...it had the vtec motor in it before the swap...the 1.5 vtec i think..i dont know the fuel efficient one

d series with a knock sensor??? :blink:

you need to wire your knock sensor up...

see if there is a wire going to the pinout, if there is then see if its connected to the sensor..

i was just wondering where on the back of the block...i cant see in there really...will i have to remove the intake mani. to get to it...if so, i'll wait because i have to change it anyways..

yea there is a wire going to the pinout but its not green... d03 right? on obd1

nope its not wired in..so how would i do that...could i do it myself or should i take it to get it done???

Originally posted by eg6sir@Sep 22 2005, 05:40 PM
nope its not wired in..so how would i do that...could i do it myself or should i take it to get it done???
[post=558739]Quoted post[/post]​

:search:

Here the link.....Hope it helps..It did for me.... :p

wow...all that is gibberish to me...maybe i should take it some where....i dont even know where to begin with all those wires...any suggestions ...the wire that goes to my ecu is blue with a yellow stripe..so would i just follow that..i think it will be alot easier when i have my intake mani. off....right?

are you serious? you can't snake a wire through and plug it on in the proper spots on either end?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 02:54 PM
are you serious? you can't snake a wire through and plug it on in the proper spots on either end?
[post=558789]Quoted post[/post]​

there is a blue/yellow wire in the d03 spot, you know where the knock sensor wire is supposed to be...me + wiring = no good...i just dont wannna fuck anything up

Back