code 3 on dohc zc w/pm6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gumbalia420

I finally got my zc dropped in my 90 rex! Had no problems thanks to jlicrx! Thank you much! It runs fine all day until I get down on it and right as I shift into 2nd, it pops a code 3. I can reset it and have no problems till I'm runnin it again. Can anybody help me. Do I just need a new map sensor or a pm7? Thanks for the help!

I finally got my zc dropped in my 90 rex! Had no problems thanks to jlicrx! Thank you much! It runs fine all day until I get down on it and right as I shift into 2nd, it pops a code 3. I can reset it and have no problems till I'm runnin it again. Can anybody help me. Do I just need a new map sensor or a pm7? Thanks for the help!
check the wiring to make sure all of the connections to the MAP are good - if so, try a different MAP sensor or try a different ECU - if it were mine, i would get the 88-89 Integra PG7 ECU

Last edited:
But doesn't the pg7 cut off at 112. I have the dx tranny and it does 118 in 3rd so I want the pm7 correct? thanks for the help!

But doesn't the pg7 cut off at 112. I have the dx tranny and it does 118 in 3rd so I want the pm7 correct? thanks for the help!

Ok. Thanks. I had them mixed up I guess?! Also it idles around like 750 rpm and does this fluxuatin about 100 - 200 rpm, and I have to pull up on the gas pedal when its warm cause it wants to idle around 2000 - 2800 rpms. I cleaned the cable well with brake parts cleaner and a shot of wd40 and it still does the high idle thing?? In the process of drivin from tx to fl it threw a atmosphere sensor code but cleared out after a week in fl and never came back. This could add to the previous response. Thanks for all the help!!

today, its now poppin the code 13 again. this is the atmospheric pressure sensor. is this the same sensor as the MAP? i want to know this before i buy the MAP sensor and a new computer! also could it be the vacuum hoses ran the wrong way? Thanks for all the help!

the PA sensor is not the same as the MAP, although the ECU uses both to determine amount of fuel needed - so they are related - sounds like the ECU is getting signals that are out of the normal range for the MAP and doesn't know what to do - high idle will usually be caused by a vacuum leak, which would also affect the MAP - does the engine still have the dashpot on the throttle body and is the vacuum line connected to it? OBD0 DOHC ZC vacuum lines should look like this:

zcvacuum-4.jpg

ok, im not sure why, but my vacuum lines are not ran ANYTHING like your diagram! let me fix these and ill let you know how it runs then! that could be my problem huh?! and would you buy a pg7 off of ebay or find one somewhere else?

ok, i ran the hoses according to your map and it seems to idle correctly and didnt throw a code when i just took it around the block! Thanks so very much!

ok, im not sure why, but my vacuum lines are not ran ANYTHING like your diagram! let me fix these and ill let you know how it runs then! that could be my problem huh?! and would you buy a pg7 off of ebay or find one somewhere else?
nothing wrong with getting one from eBay - just make sure you get 88-89 PG7 for manual transmission - 86-87 PG7s will not work - you want one with part no. 37820-PG7-A0## or 37820-PG7-L0## - these are manual transmission models - the ones with letter 'L' after the PG7 were from Calif. cars only - i don't know what the difference is, but must be something - i would get one with 'A' after PG7 - part nos. 37820-PG7-A1## or 37820-PG7-L1## are automatic - some that i have seen on eBay say they are manual trans. but the numbers in the pictures say otherwise

86-87 have part no. 37820-PG7-66##, 37820-PG7-67##, 37820-PG7-68## or 37820-PG7-69## - you don't want one of these

the 88-89 PG7 has a smooth cover like this:

88pg7-1.jpg

the 86-87 has a stamped 'X' across the cover like this:

87PG7-3.jpg

FYI - the PA sensor is located behind the dash on kick panel on the passenger side just in front of the door - looks like this:

PAsensor-3.jpg

Sorry to keep botherin you, but it ran fine yesterday and then this mornin I went to breakfast and it started throwin a 3 code again. All the vacuum lines are hooked up correct and are brand new hose. I don't understand it?? Think its just a bad MAP? The car has been sittin dead for 4 years, 3 in west tx and covered in dirt. Could this be a problem? Not sure?? And what throttle cable should be on there? This one is like extra long. Could that be part of the idle problem? Thanks again

Back