Code 4- CKP sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec93accord

About a month ago i did a swap in my 91 EF DX hatch with a B18C GSR. I purchased a harness from monotech off of honda-tech.com and i also am running a RYWIRE OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness. Ever since day 1 and i had the swap running, ive had a Code 4 for the Crank Angle Sensor. Since then i have swapped distributors with a brand new one and also a used one that had a good CKP sensor in it as it wasnt throwing a code on his hatch. I also have swapped ECU's to try that and it still didnt go away. I have been told its wiring related obviously, but i have checked all my wiring and it is all showing up good. I ran the wires for the CKP sensor to pins B10 and B12 as they were supposed to be ran and the code 4 still shows.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what i can try next as ive been pulling my hair out messing with this because my car is in limp mode.

I did a dpfi to mpfi on my dx crx once and had the same problem. Took me about a month to figure it out. I used too small of pins that go into the plug at my ecu. They would clip in but when i plugged it into the ecu they would get pushed out. therefore not making a connection. Maybe check that out?? Hope this might help..

Back