code 4 ckp sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20izzle

97 gsr motor obd2a in 98 civic coupe also obd2a
using the stock dx harness and added all the plugs
im restricted to 3500 rpms
already gone through three distributors all with same code and each time i changed distributors i resetted the ecu.
im using both a p72 and a p28 ecu to test it with
i cant figure out wat is wrong someone once told me that the wires needed to be switched but iono which wires.
please help me.

is it possible to use the dx distributor without any ill effects

The dx won't bolt onto the haed without chopping some legs... and even then im not certain if it will work or not. most likely it wouldn't but i can't be certain.

if you're throwing the code you say you are, i'd check your timing. the crank position might be way off from where it should be. it the timing is good (cam timng), then make sure the plug is good on the diztribuitor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 04:31 PM
The dx won't bolt onto the haed without chopping some legs... and even then im not certain if it will work or not. most likely it wouldn't but i can't be certain.

if you're throwing the code you say you are, i'd check your timing. the crank position might be way off from where it should be. it the timing is good (cam timng), then make sure the plug is good on the diztribuitor.
[post=419340]Quoted post[/post]​

choppin the leg will allow it to fit and make it run.. how well all depends , we hacked an ls dist leg off to put it on a b16a1 it ran.. ur revving problem sounds more like a wiring problem! imo

Originally posted by b204dr+Nov 19 2004, 04:37 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 19 2004, 04:31 PM
The dx won't bolt onto the haed without chopping some legs...  and even then im not certain if it will work or not.  most likely it wouldn't but i can't be certain.

if you're throwing the code you say you are, i'd check your timing.  the crank position might be way off from where it should be.  it the timing is good (cam timng), then make sure the plug is good on the diztribuitor.
[post=419340]Quoted post[/post]​

choppin the leg will allow it to fit and make it run.. how well all depends , we hacked an ls dist leg off to put it on a b16a1 it ran.. ur revving problem sounds more like a wiring problem! imo
[post=419342]Quoted post[/post]​

the dx dizzy won't run it right at all, all obd1 and obd2 distributors are interchangeable (may have to chop a leg off though as stated), but you have to use b series with b series and d series with d series, those are the only limitations. i would say check your timing.

I just finished my swap and I was getting the same Cel I had the distributor wired wrong. Are you sure it wired right?

Back