1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CODE 41

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by highperboi, Jan 18, 2004.

1. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

ok so i was driving around last night and my o2 (which is spliced and taped together) poped out of my straight pipe (o2 was threaded in). I couldnt get the o2 sensor back in so i tried to pull the o2 sensor out fo the plug but insead i just pulled the splices off and the wires all touched and stuff. Now i put my old cat on with a new o2 sensor. i recet the ECU but i am still throwing code 41. I am thinking maybe the wires for the o2 fried somewhere along the harness. is this possible?? and if it is is there anyway to fix it?? or must i buy a whole new engine harness?

Thanks

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

can anyone help?

check engine light really bugs me :(

3. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

still havent fixed it bump

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

maybe the o2 it self is shot. but when i wired my o2 wrong, my car ran for less than a minuete before it just died out. so i don't think its the o2 or the wiring... perhaps your just giving it a shit reading? i dunno man... you gotta be more specific about whats happeneing

5. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

If you had a short in your O2 heater wires, you could very well have fried a transistor in the ECU. There is no circuitry to prevent an overlaod on the heater circuit - Q30 (by center divider in OBD1 ECUs) generally cooks first.

6. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

if that happend does that mean i need to buy a new ecu? or is it repariable?

7. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

repairable, in general.
    Depending on what blew, you might need a new ECU. Kinda like asking if a car is repairable when it doesn't start and you've never seen it...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted