CODE 41

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

ok so i was driving around last night and my o2 (which is spliced and taped together) poped out of my straight pipe (o2 was threaded in). I couldnt get the o2 sensor back in so i tried to pull the o2 sensor out fo the plug but insead i just pulled the splices off and the wires all touched and stuff. Now i put my old cat on with a new o2 sensor. i recet the ECU but i am still throwing code 41. I am thinking maybe the wires for the o2 fried somewhere along the harness. is this possible?? and if it is is there anyway to fix it?? or must i buy a whole new engine harness?

Thanks

maybe the o2 it self is shot. but when i wired my o2 wrong, my car ran for less than a minuete before it just died out. so i don't think its the o2 or the wiring... perhaps your just giving it a shit reading? i dunno man... you gotta be more specific about whats happeneing

If you had a short in your O2 heater wires, you could very well have fried a transistor in the ECU. There is no circuitry to prevent an overlaod on the heater circuit - Q30 (by center divider in OBD1 ECUs) generally cooks first.

repairable, in general.
Depending on what blew, you might need a new ECU. Kinda like asking if a car is repairable when it doesn't start and you've never seen it...

Back