Code 43/O2 Sensor issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stlsinger

heres a rundown

96 civic hatch, b16a2 swap to a obd1 p28. i have 2 chips for this one with o2 disabled(using this i dont get any codes) and one with o2 enabled(code 43)

my issue is i want to run the o2 but i get the code 43

ive tried two universal o2's both bosch one from auto zone and the other from oreilys. also bought the o2 extension tube. could it be those universal sensors just suck?

i dont think it has anything to do with the fuel system because i only get the code when i use the o2 chip and sensor. maybe im wrong. or do i need to extend the o2 even further away from the header?

Is th o2 placed in a spot where it gets a reading from all 4 runners?

it's possible that you just have the wiring wrong. Double check the 2 black wires. sometimes these get swapped.

yes its reading after all 4 runners.

i assumed it didnt matter on the two black wires. arent they both heater wires and can be interchanged?

thanks for the reply im curious to figure this out

i notice that around 3000 rpms it sputters slightly and then the code comes on. this is with the engine warm

Try swapping those 2 blacks if you had previously cut/pasted the wiring. If it was never cut, it is likely not the issue though. It sounds like a likely culprit, once it goes into open loop.

Back