Code 54, Crankshaft Fluctuation in Ls/Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tnsxsear

K i have a 98 civic hatch with an obd2 ls/vtec motor and a 97 gsr ecu. Im bearly breaking it in,so im only revving to 3500rpm. My question is, the ls bottem end dont have CKF sensors, and since im using the 97 gsr ecu which is looking for it (since gsr's do have CKF sensors)and giving me the code, is this going to effect the VTEC activation in any ways? -paul

I don't believe that would effect your vtec in any way knowing that vtec operates on oil pressure. If you have the sensor off of your old engine and you're using the obdII engine harness you should be able to get rid of it with the use of the oil pump the sensor came out of. There's mounting holes for the sensor's bracket right on the oil pump. If you're gonna do smog "legally" this would be something to think about in the future. But who does anymore? Even in California... Hope this helps.
P.S. U could double check to see if your vtec works by following a couple of instructions in your repair manual and of course some oil pressure gauge. If you need the instructions let me know.

Back