1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code 54

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by tymasterflex, Aug 27, 2003.

1. tymasterflex

tymasterflex Member

97 Civic - Motor is a b18b1 98.

the article here says its a defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor. the problem is when i was making the harness out of the integra and the civic harness, the integra ckf plug had two wires (white/red and purple i believe...not sure on that), while the civic plug had three wires (white/red, purple and brown...again i think). well i cut the civic plug off, and spliced the integra plug on. i attached white/red to white/red and purple to purple. with the brown one, i didnt know where it was supposed to go, so i spliced it in with the purple wire. so it went {purple and brown} connected to {purple} (on the plug side). did i do that wrong? is that why i am running the code?

DIAGRAM ;)

PURPLE to ecu<--------------\
    +++++++++++++++++++\
    ++++++++++++++++++++----------------- > PURPLE to plug
    ++++++++++++++++++ /
    BROWN to ecu<--------------/++++/ -------------- >WHITE/RED to plug
    ++++++++++++++++++++++/
    ++++++++++++++++++++++/
    WHITE/RED to ecu<----------------/

2. tymasterflex

tymasterflex Member

anyone? im gonna take it to a shop pretty soon if i cant figure it out because i want this thing to run...

3. noobvang

noobvang Senior Member

The brown wire is your ground wire. You shouldn't have a purple wire, should be blue/red.

Just ground the brown wire for a test to see if it fix it, if it does then you can rewire the brown wire.

4. bitzbp

bitzbp Junior Member

Where is the sensor located? I am throwing the same code. I am using a 96 B18b motor in a 98 GSR with the 96 b18b ecu. I can't figure it out either. When I used the same motor in my 94 LS chassis and 94 LS ecu I didn't throw this code but as soon as I dropped it into my 98 GSR chassis I started throwing the code

5. 5genracer

5genracer Senior Member

the crank fluctuation sensor is located on the oil pump

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted