Code 54

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97 Civic - Motor is a b18b1 98.

the article here says its a defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor. the problem is when i was making the harness out of the integra and the civic harness, the integra ckf plug had two wires (white/red and purple i believe...not sure on that), while the civic plug had three wires (white/red, purple and brown...again i think). well i cut the civic plug off, and spliced the integra plug on. i attached white/red to white/red and purple to purple. with the brown one, i didnt know where it was supposed to go, so i spliced it in with the purple wire. so it went {purple and brown} connected to {purple} (on the plug side). did i do that wrong? is that why i am running the code?

DIAGRAM ;)

PURPLE to ecu<--------------\
+++++++++++++++++++\
++++++++++++++++++++----------------- > PURPLE to plug
++++++++++++++++++ /
BROWN to ecu<--------------/++++/ -------------- >WHITE/RED to plug
++++++++++++++++++++++/
++++++++++++++++++++++/
WHITE/RED to ecu<----------------/

The brown wire is your ground wire. You shouldn't have a purple wire, should be blue/red.

Just ground the brown wire for a test to see if it fix it, if it does then you can rewire the brown wire.

Where is the sensor located? I am throwing the same code. I am using a 96 B18b motor in a 98 GSR with the 96 b18b ecu. I can't figure it out either. When I used the same motor in my 94 LS chassis and 94 LS ecu I didn't throw this code but as soon as I dropped it into my 98 GSR chassis I started throwing the code

Back