1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

code 6 error

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by mustbenu, Jan 6, 2004.

1. mustbenu

mustbenu Junior Member

code 6 is for coolant temp sensor

im getting the ecu error
    i checked the resistance and it came out fine i also checked the voltage and it was fine..... so i dont understand why i am still getting the error.. please help

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

are you checking the correct sensor - the coolant temp sensor for the ECU is the one with 2 wires - the one with 1 wire is for the gauge - there is also another one for the cooling fan

3. mustbenu

mustbenu Junior Member

yes i checked the one for the ecu and my gauge does work fine... my vtec wont work becuase of this code 6... please help me

4. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

have you checked to make sure you have the right plug going to the sensor? On my swap there were two of the same plugs in the same area. I hooked up the wrong one and got a code 6, hooked up the other one, reset the ecu and it was all good.

5. mustbenu

mustbenu Junior Member

yes i checked the plugs, one of them is part of the vtec wires i had to run to the ecu.... so i have everything hooked up right... i just dont get it... someone please help me

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted