code 9, b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

i have a code 9-cyp in my b16 obd0 pr3 ecu, and i know the sensors bad i tested it with a ohm meter and only got like 8.9 ohms when it should have over 300.. so my question is what can i do about this? i want to put the car on the road finally but i dont have money for a whole new dizzy, i think im going to go to a junk yard and just snatch a cyp sensor but untill then can i drive it like this? it runs fine just idles a little rough, and also will this disable my vtec? thanks in advance

I am not 100% but i dont think you can replace them. I just ordered a new dizzy for my b16 for the same concern. It was 200 shipped. I would fix the issue before you drive it just my .02

life time warrenty with new and a shot in the dark for used. Im not sure a junk yards will part out a dizzy. Sold whole and they usually want too much for a used part that may not work. If you get a good one on the 1st shot you will make out great but if you have to buy 2 of them you could of just bought new.

I am throwing the same code in my b18a1 ef hatch and drive it every day. It runs fine enough for now, but I did order a new one just so I can get rid of the cel light. I ordered one on ebay, but I made sure it came with a lifetime warrenty rather than a 1 year one like most of the ones on ebay are sold as. If it has a lifetime warrenty, chances are it is a quality enough part. It also came with a brand new coil, cap, and rotor. Maybe look into that.

Just to let you know though, my car runs great with a code 9. Still thrashes hard.

Back