Code 9 in my 89 hf civic hb W/ B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xips(86CRXSI)

Ok so I swap out just about everything from the wracked 90 ef hb civic to my 89 ef hb civic, I put the engine/trans/wiring harness(complete)/ecu/fuse box/axle's/and spindles.
The motor is a b16a and the problem I have is the cyp sensor is either not working or is not wired correctly, from what I can find is that the wire's go from the connector on the distributor to c1 and c2 on the ecu plug, I think that the wires are blue/yellow and blue/green. So I found them on the distributor and the ecu and thay were spliced into by someone already so I reran the wire's and I'm still getting the code. I'm not sure if that's the right way to connect the wire's or if its a mechanical problem. If anyone can tell me what to do that would be grate. Thanks.

PS The car won't start with the key and I have no dash lights, I ran a starter switch so I could start it but it would be nice to use the key and dash lights would be nice too, If someone can give me some pointers on those two thing's that would be appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for everyones help. not I fixed the problem, the wires on the cyp sensor were not making a good connection so I used the pick up unit from the tdc sensor and used a tdc sensor from a dizzy that was on a 89 sohc non v-tec. no more code 9. now I just need to hook up the down pipe to my mid pipe and figure out the fans or wire them to turn on when the car turns on. O and my dash lights and a alinement needs to be fixed.

Back