Code 92 LS civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matts96HB

VIP
I have a 96 Civic with an obd2 ls swap, p75 ecu. I have done the IACV fix and the CKF trick, now i have run into another problem. I reset the ecu after the two repins, and no problems, no CELs. Then after about 3 days the light came back on, so I checked the codes and it gives me code 92, the evap canister insufficient purge flow or something like that. I checked all the lines, everything is hooked up properly. Any idea what this might be? If I reset the ecu the light goes away for awhile but then comes back on.

Im not sure why you would be using an obd2 ecu on that car, even to run that engine, you should have just skipped using the jumper harness and just gotten an obd1 p75 or pr4, that would have saved alot of headaches with the second o2 sensor and all of the other BS emission stuff for obd2
get an obd1 integra Ls ecu and call it a day.

Im not sure why you would be using an obd2 ecu on that car, even to run that engine, you should have just skipped using the jumper harness and just gotten an obd1 p75 or pr4, that would have saved alot of headaches with the second o2 sensor and all of the other BS emission stuff for obd2
get an obd1 integra Ls ecu and call it a day.
his car is a obd2 and the motor is a obd2 also,,.he has the right setup.

man I was way tired last night, I apologise, for some reason I thought it said 92 civic, not 96 civic, either way, what is the p code for that particular MIL, (eg p0401) if you can get me that I can find out what you have to do, or what is wrong.

No worries, I mistyped the title. Should have been 96 LS hatch code 92 or something to that effect. Anyway, the ecu code is

37820 P75 A02
Thanks for the assistance guys. This is driving me insane.

I reset the ECU, and it seems to be ok for a day, then the CEL comes back and it keeps throwing the same code.

mabe a small pressure leak in the system.

Hmm, a few buddies of mine are getting together tonight to work on some projects, so maybe ill take a look at that tonight. I've checked the connections on the hoses and all the clamps are on tight, but possibly a hole in one of them from the swap. Thanks for the tip ahhvtec.

no no, I should have been more clear, in obdII diagnostics all of the codes are given a number, it's called a p-code, when you use a diagnostic tool such as a scanner or the like it will give you a p code. For example p0401-misfire cylinder 1 detected.
the code 95 that you are referring to would be the code that honda would pull up if you used a honda scanner or if you used the jumper trick
I use a snap-on scanner and alldata for advanced diagnostics because they have very good flow charts for figuring out what problems it could be, and usually gives you a good idea about where to look.
If you have access to an OBDII scanner you can get the p-code and I will be able to help you out.

he knows what the problem is he said what it was in the first post he just dont know how to fix it or why he is getting it

Here is a TSB I found, I took te initiative to figure out the code,
January 18, 1999
BULLENTIN NO.
99-003

YEAR

MODEL
INTEGRA/CIVIC

VIN APPLICATION
ALL

MIL On With Evaporative Emission Code P0441
SYMPTOM
The MIL is on and DTC P0441 (code 92) is stored in the ECM (Engine Control Module).
PROBABLE CAUSE
Charcoal from the evaporative control canister has contaminated the purge control solenoid valve and the fuel purge hose.
DIAGNOSIS
Follow the troubleshooting flowchart in the 1996 Integra Service Manual.
If the troubleshooting flowchart indicates that the evaporative purge control solenoid valve should be replaced, go to CORRECTIVE ACTION.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the evaporative control canister and the evaporative purge control solenoid valve.
PARTS INFORMATION
Evaporative control canister:
P/N 1 7300-S04-G31

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
Operation number: 121149Flat rate time: 0.5 hourFailed P/N: 17300-S04-G31Defect code: 072Contention code: B03Template ID: 99-003A - LS and RSTemplate ID: 99-003B - GS-RSkill level: Repair Technician
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Technical Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
REPAIR PROCEDURE
1.Replace the evaporative control canister.
2.Replace the evaporative purge control solenoid valve.
3.Clear the fuel purge hose with compressed air.
4.Do the ECM reset procedure.
5.Test-drive the vehicle under the conditions outlined in the troubleshooting flowchart, Problem Venfication to verify that it is repaired.

THis is the diagnostic procedure for the problem you have, you may have to download the images to your computer in order to see what they say, like zoom in.

Attachments

• 0441.gif
    0441.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 62387661.gif
    62387661.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 0441-3.gif
    0441-3.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 356
Great googily moogily! Thanks for the help. I'm going to go through the diagnostics procedure tonight and see if it helps anything.

Thanks for all the help, welfare.

Back