code 92

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey all,

So I had my car running... for a day. I took it to a familiar mechanic to get an allignment done, get it home and it wont start. It cranks but won't start up, I checked the code it was throwing and it was 92, I guess this has something to do with emissions at the valve???? Anyone have this problem before? And if anyone has had this problem what did you have to do to fix it???? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Disconnect the vacuum hose from the EVAP purge control diaphragm (it's on the charcoal canister) and stick a vacuum gauge on it- Start the car and let it idle- is there vacuum in the line?

if no then you have to measure the voltage on the connector for the EVAP purge control solenoid- first measure between the two pins in the connector- if there is battery voltage (~12v) then the problem is vacuum

if there isn't 12v between the two pins, check the yellow/black wire and a body ground-

if there still isn't battery voltage check those two wires for any openings or shorts-

if you can't find any shorts or any reason something is wrong it could be the EVAP purge control solenoid which is a cheap fix

the other option is that the mistake could be coming from inside the ECU (unlikely) hope that helps :)

thanks man, but I think that I goofed. I had changed the injectors and I think that there might have been air in the line. However when I got home today I decided to try it again and on the second try it started right up! thanks for the reply though :)

Back