Code F!@# !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2 years ago they had the same problem with that dame bridge and you would think Connecticut's hard working dot worker's would have completely fixed that problem by now?

didn't Rell order a safety check of all the bridges after the MN one?

Yes, and all but 4 bridges past. The Commodore Hull Bridge (The one within spitting distance from me) PASSED but then camera crews went there from the news and documented HUGE rot holes ... like entire girders are nothing but flakey rust.

And it passed. And the 4 that didn't pass - nothing has happened to them. Not even warning signs or anything. IT's such complete shit.

These things are built, then they need maintanence. Without it, the earth just reclaims things.

lol, you call that a mix master.

Google Maps

that my friends is a mix master....welcome to my drive to work....until i got a new job :)

dude ... hell yeah ... i was getting on 35 off of 30 ...

about the 3rd turn in and i was half way to fort worth before i realized i was still on 30 ...

like i was like WTF?!?!?! i turned like 3 times! how am i still on 30?!?!

it was bull shit

lol, you call that a mix master.

Google Maps

that my friends is a mix master....welcome to my drive to work....until i got a new job :)

You know nothing of complex highway systems, we are near NYC. Here is how you get into the George Washington Bridge, lower level south-bound.

i-95 to the Bruckner Expressway. This exit is a 90 degree angle and then it goes down a steep ramp into a toll booth. It's 8 feet wide, and the exit is ON a bridge. There is rusty metal and car parts strewn about the place. This is the 10th busiest exit ramp in the country.

After the toll booth, you hammer down through more under-bridge lattices and around more really sharp corners until it spits you out on top of the city. Here is billboard alley. The billboards are a few feet from the road, and you're actually driving right next to buildings. Then it spreads out a bit and you gotta deal with a few sudden "The highway splits" exercises. Then (and this part is a blur to me) you take another WILD right hand exit onto the FDR highway. The FDR highway is 6 lanes, and the whole thing is 50 feet wide. There is brick on the right, and water on the left. If you get out of this without taking on stripes of other people's paint colors, you're good. Also, the FDR goes under buildings , and the ceiling is about 6.5 feet high.

After this, you're on the southern tip of the island, and things get interesting. You drive into a dark alleyway with a sign that says "GWB Upper | GWB Lower No trucks" This entrance is dark and totally encased in lattice work. It's about 14 feet wide for 2 lanes, and again about 12 feet high. The roads are majorly broken down, because you can't shut down this bridge for construction. Once you're in the erector set, you drive on to take the lower deck. This exit is so small, and you're inside this ... structure... That it looks like you're driving down the hallway at a train terminal. And then, you're spit out over the water on your way to Jersey.

And all this is done about 70 mph at least. It's fucked up, and if you live in the US you HAVE to experience it at least once.

yeah, i dont think anyone will disagree that any area that comes in contact with the jersey turn pike is gonna be bad.

Downtown dallas is pretty bad...when to get on 30 from 35 its easier to take 35E-366-75-45-30.....rather than go through the hell that is the canyon. 4 highways stacked on top of each other, with down town running all around you...going through tunnels with people on cell phones losing service...and looking at their phones when they die.

Boston

specifically the entire area involving the "Big Dig" = complete cluster fuck
they were still working on it the last time i was up there, and the cluster fuck of roadways, that seemed like some jackass simply took a bucket of road pieces and dumped them in a pile, combined with the non-driving Massholes, was enough to make me want to drink bleach and smash my own head in my car door.... repeatedly.... for 3 hours....

i guess i should go back up there and see if its any better now... but the last time was so bad i really think id rather drive a railroad spike through the head of my penis than deal with those roads and those non-driving fuckbags again

just googled it and got some maps of this debacle
mapkey.gif
mainmap.gif

Charlestown
charlestown.gif

Downtown

downtown.gif

South Bay

southbay.gif

South Boston

southboston.gif

East Boston

eastboston.gif

Last edited:
Us in the NE are blessed, we learned how to drive in these cities. No other city even poses as a challenge.

Oakland and the Gay Area was a new experience for me the first time I drove out there...Reminded me a lot of NYC--If you don't take advantage or any chance you get, you lost it...They don't seem to really care much about anything in those areas...

But maybe it was just me...who knows...

Dude, you act like those highways are much different from the ones in the dallas area. They are all the same...Till you hit Orange County, San Fran and San Diego.

Driving in california is something completely different than driving down here or in NY.

Ive been all 3 places and I want a mini-van with as many air bags as possible when im goin through cali.

If any of you bored CT guys wanna join me this morning, I'm going to watch the stacks implode in Naugatuck this morning.

Demolition starts at 8:45. I'll be in the grey Yaris, prolly up on the highway for this one

Dude, you act like those highways are much different from the ones in the dallas area. They are all the same...Till you hit Orange County, San Fran and San Diego.

Driving in california is something completely different than driving down here or in NY.

Ive been all 3 places and I want a mini-van with as many air bags as possible when im goin through cali.

I've driven in both Dallas and Houston...I didn't think they were as bad as Cali...But I guess it all depends on where you go and how you drive as an individual...

Smokestacks falling = boring. No explosions: They actually brought them down as if they were trees. Some really high paid dude in a tracked chisel kept boring away at the chimney until it finally collapsed and he literally ran. This was their technique, this was no accident !

So it was quiet, neat to see - but nothing really to write home about. But... what happened after that is... I'll make a new thread

Back