Code Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wookie_In_a_B16

Anyone know what codes 23 and 36 mean on a b16 SiR II engine?

I believe 26 is a knock sensor(What would be wrong?) and 36 is JDM Traction Control(???)

That's from the bit of searching i've done so far. would I be correct?

i think code 23 is knock sensor make sure its tight and wired up right if not the sensor is probly bad,

Hey can somebody please get me a code for my anti theft cd player. Its and 1998 Honda accord V6 model number:39100-S84-A200 Reference number:CQ-JH1710Z

Thanks i would really appreciate this ALOT!!!

you have to go to a acura dealership to get the anti theft code. it takes about 20 minutes for them to get you the code.....i dont remember it costing any money but it probably did.

you didn't say what ecu you are running, but 23 is for the KS, 36 is not a valid code.
as far as the knock sensor, you have to run a shielded wire when you add this sensor to your car otherwise it will throw a check engine light every time it picks up rfi.
double check your codes tho since 36 is not a valid code, you may be reading them wrong.

So where does the shielded part of the wire go? Looking at the schematic it ties into the heated o2 sensor(white,ehite/red wire), a ground and part of the distributor assembly.

the shielded part just gets grounded, the reason it liios like it ties to those sensors as well is because those are also shielded wires on those sensors, no sense in tapping into them because they are already sealed off and such, just ground one end of the shield wherever you please, I usually do mine near the ecu.

what kinda portable handheld reader do i need ,

91, civic hb ...i got a d15b2 in the car right now and its throwing a check engine after about 20-30 miles of driving , what kinda reader do i need to check this ? sorry , have no idea what kinda ecu/plug scheme is in it , havent checked that out yet ..... should be a factory one from canada ...

Back