Code p0172, fuel system too rich

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've read they should be replaced every 100k miles

i said F-it and just ordered a new o2.. its only $40 and it cant make things worse, only better

How do these plugs look? they're the ones I pulled out

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_101551_466.jpg
    IMG_20140126_101551_466.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20140126_101543_948.jpg
    IMG_20140126_101543_948.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 327
Thought they looked normal.... thinking of putting these back in.. instead of the cheaper g-power plat plugs I replaced them with

Well... was idling good, then bam... CEL and shitty idle.. it died... pulled the codes, same p0170pd and p0172

Gonna have my buddy check the valves and injectors

still havent checked anything... done throwing money at it till i can diagnose the problem

new bits of info though.. while sitting at idle... when you go to press the gas, it starts to die out unless you give it more gas.. .like if you rest your foot on the gas pedal, the rpms should climb very slowly and hold at one point...doing this make the engine stumble and want to die, exact opposite of what it should do

**edit
another thing too.. say the car has been running, shut if off and restart it a few minutes later.. it has a really hard time.. barely fires up and rpms stumble for sec then creep up to normal... when Jen gets home from work i'll take the videos of what i'm describing

first case symptoms sound like when I had o2 problems (fired wires... harness hit header and melted)

Toss in the new O2 already :)

missed that. interesting.
how about the map sensor? pull it and clean it? clogged vac line to it?

Here is the vid....
You can see the rough start... at the end I'm barely tapping the gas repeatedly

Is it possibly the TPS? But the codes got me perplexed.

Electrical timing....can't see that being the problem.

Distributor....but, again, the codes.

Back