Codes 21 and 23, car bogs. B16 - EF Si Hatch.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dominik

I got my B16 swap running. But once it warms up, it bogs out really bad. It throwing the Knock sensor and vtec error code. I grounded the knock sensor wire and it stopped throwing the code but the car still bogs. If i put it in first to move, It take forever to get the car moving. BUT if i put it in reverse the car is fine, no bogging no nothing. I don't understand this because the ecu cannot determine the gear.
I rechecked all the plugs, I was reading the tps may have to be re wired for some reason?
Below is the set up of the car

B16 OBD1 motor
ODB0 electronics - dizzy, fuel rail, pr3 ecu.
Car was originaly a 89' Si with D16A6.
Canadian car if it makes any difference.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I know it's been asked many times, but I've never read about it being fine in reverse but shitty in 1st.
Thanks.

disconnect the vtec. and see what happens. Double check the knock sensor wiring. Have you tried a different ecu? Any chance your tranny is taking a dive? I ve never heard these symptoms before i just figured i'd throw these suggestions out there. Good luck.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. BUT I made progress. I took out the harness and found some exposed wires. I fixed them up with some solder and tape. Put the harness back in and problem is gone.
The car runs normally now. I still dont have a integra throttle cable, I can only get like 40% throttle because I'm using the stock cable but it even at 40% throttle the car feels quicker then the stock motor so, when I unleash 100% I hope I'm happy.

Back