1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codes & Crap :: HELP

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by YBLEGAL, Dec 7, 2006.

1. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

After lots of hectic research, i cant find what i'm looking for. Blundar was close tho! that thread started heading the right direction.

So here's my deal:

Throwin codes
    10 IAT
    13 BARO
    14 IAC (i disconnected it, for now)
    16 Fuel Injectors

now i read the Barometric Pressure Sensor AKA Atmospheric Pressure Switch AKA Atmospheric Pressure Sensor AKA "PA" ....(wtf is PA?) is located either IN your ECU or externally. Blundar discribed it as a small box tward the middle of your ecu. I didnt see one. I have a P30-J running a '95 B16A.

I live in Indiana (obviously it's SUPER flat w/ no changes in elevation) so is the baro necessary? The only thing i can think of is wether i change elevation or not wouldnt it need to know the air density? I'm just going off some other posts around here, with people saying they dont need it what so ever.

I have a hondata which lets me disable that sensor..... but call me old fashioned; isn't it there for a reason? I'm not running any boost, just got TB/IM/H/E.
    This is the same with the injectors. I can disable that sensor too...but yeah, i dont want to :p .

If you read this Blundar, please "go from there" w/ me. What can I do next, i *think* i've determined it's external.

Also i'm not sure but I think i'm running in limp mode. I can only rev to around 3400rpm. I've experianced this before when i chipped my ecu for the first time and it didnt sound this clean then. My friend described it as having "a wombat under the hood". It make a clacky sound then. Now it runs like normal but only revs to 34.

I made a hondata recording for ya'll. If you dont have HondaLogger, go download the demo from Hondata - Honda ECU Modification and Enhancement. You can download the .rec from

http://yblegal.net/Ride2MCDs.zip

*please note this is on MY experimental server that goes up and down from time to time...so if it doesnt work when you try, 10min later i bet it will.:D

The IAT isnt a big deal...i dont think. i'm gonna go buy a new one today. It's probably old and dirty. There's lots of black grime on the inside of my IM. And it came that way when i did the swap, dont yell at muah. i only bored the IM to 70mm to match the TB. I'll buy an ITR one eventually...

Thanks everybody!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. YBLEGAL

reviewed the hondata log in regard to the low rev limiter, and the Rev Lim light comes on at 3504rpm. In ROM editor, it's set to be 8400...

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

if you have a problem with the injectors youre probably being thrown into limp mode which tops your revs at 3500.

4. YBLEGAL

i'll disable the injector error reporting and try that. sounds logical. but why would my injector's be throwing an error? The ecu came with that engine. And unless someone other than me put diff injectors in, they should be stock. What causes this?

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

cant say for sure, but if i had to guess itd probably be reporting a voltage irregularity. thats all that i could think the ECU would/could look for.

6. YBLEGAL

thanks. disabling that did the trick!

7. YBLEGAL

btw if anyone else has an idea as to why the injectors are throwing a code, an explanation would be greatly appriciated.

ps. It never went into limp mode while i had the stock ROM chip in. I assume the "disable injector error reporting" option is not enabled on a stock chip...

and the barometer...
    what to do with the barometer...?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted