Coil Overs Or Springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drenni

Now which one is better the srpings or the coil overs, I guess that both are the same but which one should I get I don't want to lower the car to much (civic 90 LX) so does anyone have feedback on there personal expierence something that could make the soul more wiser.

thanks guys :D

coilovers allow you to "tune" your suspension (good if you actually plan to race with corners)
springs are good if you just want something that rides and looks a little better

please dont double post

go with the coil overs, you definately will thank me later.

Which one would you recomend, and sorry if I did double post and I did'nt see it any where else sorry, (mamahierro) anyways which one do you guys think both cost about the same, one more thing what about the brand, any especific??
thanks guys

it all depends on what you want
what do you want to use the car for

The car is a daily use car and I would just like to make it a little more stable if you know what I mean, I don't want to make it to low <_< , but then again low enough that if I had to do some ilegal racing I could help keep the car more stable :D . I really don't know if you understand I use it everyday to go to work so I guess I don't want to mess up the car :huh:

ok get springs that will drop it about 1.5"
and get some adjustable struts

that way you will have a decent ride height and you can fuck with the stiffness for normal driving vs racing aroung doin dumb shit :)

if you dont want to go real low, id recommend getting a set of eibach Pro-Kit springs. They have a drop of about 1" to 1.5" and are very good springs. They run around $200 a set.

in my personal use i would say springs over ciol overs. i had coiloevers on my 2000 si and the road to damb rough. now i got a 94 turbo ex with spring ang adj struts and i love the ride that i got. go with the springs about 2 inches down and a goog set of adj. struts. i got tokico illumas and they are great

this is where quality parts come into play
a friend of mine has an integra with adj struts (tokico i think) and skunk2 coilovers and it rides like ass its jittery as fuck and you feel like your kidneys are going to get blown out on any bumps
ive ridden in cars with Teins and Tanabe coilovers and the ride is very nice.... bumps are relitivly smooth and its not jittery at all

get good shit or dont bother doing anything

Back