Coilover preferences......?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevint427

After saving up the money i found myself wondering what coilovers to get. Personally i like the Tein Flex with EDFC but i dont know if its worth all the money. My budy has teh Skunk2 full race and front camber kit and its jsut too bumpy, not in that good way. Also i hear good things about the Apex N1's, but again cost effiency. Do you really get what you pay for? Opinions please.

what do you have to spend?
what do you use the car for?
how strong is your back?
is this a daily driver, or a full-out track car?
what kind of tires are you using, and size (yes, it matters)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 25 2005, 12:50 PM
what do you have to spend?
what do you use the car for?
how strong is your back?
is this a daily driver, or a full-out track car?
what kind of tires are you using, and size (yes, it matters)
[post=530881]Quoted post[/post]​

money isnt an issue so whatever it costs i can handle it. my back is fine, coilover ready lol. its a all around car, its seen the track and its a daily driver. thats why i am looking forward to having the EDFC i can control the ride from inside the car. the SS's are good, but i dont want to spend the extra money on upper pillow mounts, a camber kit and the edfc when i could just get the flex's that already have the upper mounts and camber kit. its worth the extra money to just get the flex. also my wheels and tires, rota slipstreams, 16 x 7 wrapped in falken azenis. 225 45

Just FYI- if you don't want to spend the money on the SS when you "can just get the FLEX"... the FLEX is quite a bit more expensive than the SS, and you pay even more for the EDFC.

That said, the FLEX has one very important adjustment that the SS does not have, but it won't make much difference to you unless you go road course racing and actually care about corner balancing your car.

which i would like this car to be doing in the next season. the ss, with all the add ons needed, comes out to around the same cost of the flex and edfc, assuming you buy the ss with the edfc also. my cost difference is about 100 bucks after everything is said and done on the ss's to teh flex. so after getting off the topic, we are saying go with the tein not with apex, or progress, or skunk?

Originally posted by kevint427@Jul 26 2005, 02:08 AM
which i would like this car to be doing in the next season. the ss, with all the add ons needed, comes out to around the same cost of the flex and edfc, assuming you buy the ss with the edfc also. my cost difference is about 100 bucks after everything is said and done on the ss's to teh flex. so after getting off the topic, we are saying go with the tein not with apex, or progress, or skunk?
[post=531196]Quoted post[/post]​

Progress does make good stuff- but definitely choose Tein over Skunk2. If your price on the SS comes out similar to the FLEX, get the FLEX. The independently adjustable spring preload and shock body length make all the difference in the world. The FLEX is the better coilover system anyway.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 25 2005, 11:06 PM

That said, the FLEX has one very important adjustment that the SS does not have, but it won't make much difference to you unless you go road course racing and actually care about corner balancing your car.
[post=531124]Quoted post[/post]​

But also, keep in mind that corner balancing is something you do after you've done everything else to your car to pick up better times. The average person is not going to notice the diffrence at all, even on the track. Meaning, if you've hit a plateau in track times, THEN you corner balance. It's expensive to do as well.

Back