1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coilover swaping

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by hybrid_b18, Mar 16, 2004.

1. hybrid_b18

hybrid_b18 crew chief

just wondering if you can use the same coilovers from diffrent year civics. my buddy has a set of vaos coils on his 01 that he want to give me but i dont know if theyll work. If anyone knows tell what years are interchangeable. Thanks

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

fronts are interchangeable, for the rears, your going to have to kinda make shims. Over on honda-tech, they have a little writeup on how to do it.

edit, i just saw that they were for an 01. after 2000, honda screwed with the suspension and now the suspensions are no longer interchanable. 2001 honda changed to mcfearson struts. Pre 2001, the suspensin was dual wishbone.

3. hybrid_b18

hybrid_b18 crew chief

so I can use 2000 and under coilovers, on my 92 hatch? I can retain my shocks though right? I thought they just made diffrent coilovers for diffrent style hondas cause of the wieght. Let me know for sure though guys. All I wanna use are the coilovers, not the shocks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted