1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coilovers to springs

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by SlushboxTeggy, Jan 23, 2005.

1. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

right now i have skunk2 coilovers, but i was thinking of selling them and getting springs. is there any difference? also, has anyone used the IB spec sprint springs? good, bad?

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

skunk2 coilovers suck, i made a post awile back about switching from skunk2 to neuspeed race springs and the difference it made.

3. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

IMO, coilovers aren't as bad as people say. granted, they aren't as a better ride as good quality springs but if you match up some decent shocks along with coilovers, the stiffer/bouncier(sp?) ride isn't bad, sometimes not even noticable...i had some matrix coilovers with KYB GR2's on my 89 4 door and the ride was better than one of my friend's integras who had Suspension Technique springs with KYB's...go figure :shrug:

4. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

not all coilovers suck, but the sleeve spring kits are shitty imo.

5. One Stop Customs

One Stop Customs Senior Member

I guess it would all depend on the rate of the coils being used on what car... Some coils will have more PSI than others. All depends on their R&D. Shit, the coils i manufacture would break the frame on the honda hahaa... I should start manufacturing honda coils... hmmm

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted