coke or pepsi

im bored... vote :)

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pepsi has my vote

And hey did any of you guys realize that since you like Dr.Pepper you are voting for pepsi because Dr.Pepper is a pepsi product. Just thought I'd tell you guys that. ;)

Originally posted by DelSolSweetie21@Jul 14 2003, 01:26 PM
pepsi has my vote

And hey did any of you guys realize that since you like Dr.Pepper you are voting for pepsi because Dr.Pepper is a pepsi product. Just thought I'd tell you guys that. ;)

ummmm no its not

Dr Pepper / Seven Up Inc
a corprate profile

The history of two great brands Dr Pepper and 7 UP became a greater mercantile enterprise in 1995 when Dallas-based
Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Companies, Inc. was acquired by Cadbury Schweppes plc (NYSE: CSG) of London, England. Merging two of America's premier soft drink brands into the global confection and beverage company came as no surprise to the soft drink industry.

It was a stated goal of Cadbury Schweppes to become the world's largest non-cola soft drink maker. By acquiring Dr Pepper and 7 UP, Cadbury's goal was closer to reality. Then-Chairman Dominic Cadbury characterized it as, "the biggest move for the
(Cadbury Schweppes) Beverage Group since the merger of Cadbury and Schweppes more than 25 years ago."

Dr Pepper and 7 UP brands had flourished under
Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Companies, Inc. for almost a decade, producing compounded growth from 1990-94 of more than 30 percent.
Cadbury Schweppes already knew a great deal about
Dr Pepper/Seven-Up and by 1995, owned 25 percent of
Dr Pepper/Seven-Up's stock. Antitrust laws prohibited the major cola companies from buying either Dr Pepper or 7 UP.
Cadbury Schweppes was a logical candidate and, in January 1995, announced its intentions. The transaction was completed in February 1995. For $1.7 billion in cash, Cadbury Schweppes plc tripled its beverage volume in the United States. For $1.7 billion in cash, Cadbury Schweppes plc tripled its beverage volume in the United States, increasing domestic market share to nearly 17 percent.

In February 2003, Cadbury Schweppes implemented a simpler organizational structure to and enable swifter decision-making. Overseeing five geographical regions, each supported by five business functions, a new international leadership team of ten key executives reports directly to the Cadbury Schweppes CEO to focus on the maximization of growth and efficiency. Americas Beverages is one of the five Cadbury Schweppes regional units. DPSU is part of this unit, of which Gilbert M. Cassagne is the president and CEO. Reporting to Cassagne is Mike McGrath, president –
Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.

Dr Pepper was developed and first sold in Waco, Texas, in 1885 and is the best-selling non-cola soft drink. 7 UP was first produced in 1929 in St. Louis, Mo., and became part of the Dr Pepper Company enterprise in 1986. The firm moved from St. Louis to Dallas in 1987. Its manufacturing plant in suburban Overland, Mo., is the largest producer of soft drink syrups in the continental United States. Other products include A&W, Canada Dry, Schweppes, Sunkist, Welch's, Hires, Crush, Squirt, Vernors, Sundrop, Hawaiian Punch, Country Time and the RC Cola and Slush Puppie Brands.

All Rights Reserved. Dr Pepper/Seven-Up, Inc. Copyright 2003

http://www.dpsu.com/about_dpsu.html

Pepsi is the best y0!
Who said Dew?! That stuff makes my stomach feel like I'm going to sit on the can for a while... (it's still good though)

:worthy: Dr. Pepper

DP IS a southern drink anyway. Mr. Pibb is just a wannabe imitation.

Coke > Pepsi, especially in the south.

Another thing... if what E posted up isn't proof enough, why would Dr. Pepper be sold in BOTH Coke and Pepsi machines if it was a Pepsi product?

Here's a question for you guys- have any of you had Dublin Dr. Pepper? It's the old-school DP sweetened with real Imperial Sugar. It's NICE, and you can only get it right here in Texas.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 14 2003, 04:11 PM

preach on brother. Dr. Pepper is a staple of the south. i don't keep soft drinks at home (as a method to control my weight) but when i go out to eat i get coke or dp.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 14 2003, 05:00 PM
Calesta, ship a can of that stuff to Michigan. I dont think I have ever tryed it.

Hahahhaha. Send me a few bucks and an address. These cans aren't cheap!

Originally posted by comutek+Jul 14 2003, 04:44 PM-->
@Jul 14 2003, 04:11 PM

preach on brother. Dr. Pepper is a staple of the south. i don't keep soft drinks at home (as a method to control my weight) but when i go out to eat i get coke or dp.

:werd:

We have a saying down here: "There are only two soft drinks in Texas... Coke and Dr. Pepper."

'Nuff said. :lol:

hmmmm weird ... any time ive been out of the north east all i usually find is Mr Pibb

i guess ill just have to look a little harder

Back