Cold air intake-any favorites?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SI_nister

wanna cold air intake for an '02 Accord V6 coupe, whats best for the price. I'm leaning toward OBX shipped for about 80 bucks. theres a BOMZ racing for about 50, then more expensive ones like AEM Injen and K&N that are close to 200. it has to be 2 piece so i can shorten it in the winter. whats good.

the piping is all about the same.. some may keep heat out better than others.. it all comes down to the filter.. never put anything but a K&N filter.. those cheap filter let dirt inside your engine

Just make sure that it's a true cold-air intake..not a short ram. All a short ram does is add noise..a drop-in performance filter would yield the same power results. And you get what you pay for as in ease of installation and quality with the more expensive kits.

if you use a true cold air intake that is picking up air down low in front of the front wheel make sure you use a by-pass valve in it - go through a puddle of water and you may have an engine full of water

umm, no..
umm..yea. Short ram adds what? 2 maybe 3 hp?? and it just makes the engine loud as shit. Why do you think Spoon only offers a drop-in filter for EG's?? cuz that's all you need.

and thats all i'm running, well, a K&N

and to say the intake pipe doesnt matter is bullshit.. a 3" pipe will perform better than a 2.5"

No..it's better!! Might need a rear wing to to keep that rear end down from how much FASTER you'll be going with your extra 2hp. :D:D

No..the dumbasses are the ones that actually pay $200+ for a 'performance' intake..lol, so maybe it is you who should leave?

Me? How much could you possibly know with all those posts? Do you just sit on the computer all your life? Sure you could probably tell me alot and explain things but if you sit down and try to do it yourself your just another noob.

Well, anyway, back to the original question...I have had 2 different short ram intakes and an AEM V2 intake. I loved the later.

On a slightly different note, do not use a K&N filter on anything that could be in direct contact with road grime and shit, such as a cold air that shows itself behind the bumper. They allow too much dirt to pass. The AEM Dryflow filter is VERY nice and filters way better.

all this bickering...

IMO short ram + real velocity stack (like BPi or Prototype racing) + k&n filter >*

only thing better is a tuned length intake + stack + k&n. dont get any generic stack, they are worthlless. but for less than a AEM, you can piece together an intake (generic 3" pipe from ebay, BPi stack, 6" k&n filter) that will give you more power and better throttle response than a cold air setup, and no worry of sucking up water with a SRI as well.

I do hear AEM is one of the best, but I can't find one under $200. This OBX is looking good for $80 shipped. It's two piece so I can make it a true cold air or a ram air for winter. I buy everything off ebay, any other sited I should check out first?

I have an AEM short ram with an AEM filter. Sounds nice and throttle response is great. I'm definately changing over to a K & N Filter though.

Back