Cold air intake-any favorites?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I do hear AEM is one of the best, but I can't find one under $200. This OBX is looking good for $80 shipped. It's two piece so I can make it a true cold air or a ram air for winter. I buy everything off ebay, any other sited I should check out first?

well, if you're going with the OBX.. at least spend another $50 and get a K&N filter, dont use teh craptastic one that it comes with

I do hear AEM is one of the best, but I can't find one under $200. This OBX is looking good for $80 shipped. It's two piece so I can make it a true cold air or a ram air for winter. I buy everything off ebay, any other sited I should check out first?

If you're going to buy the $80 OBX plus a $50 K&N Filter I'd say just drop the extra bucks and go ahead and get an AEM intake. I've always had AEM intakes on all my cars. Every single intake is custom designed for the application, and they usually have a tab welded onto the tube that bolts on the car's original intake mounting point, so they always fit great and look like they could have come with the car from the factory.

A lot of people will swear by the K&N Filter, but I personally think that AEM's are fairly comparable in terms of quality and effectiveness. I think they actually all come with the new "Dry-Flow" filters now that don't have to be oiled. That's what I have on my Integra and I like it a lot.

But yeah, definitely either go with an AEM or at least upgrade the OBX or BOMZ filter. I bought a BOMZ filter to put on my Accord when I sold it and it looked pretty crappy, nowhere near as sturdy or effective looking as an AEM or K&N filter.

You can also get a Fujita intake from importrp.com for less than $200, although it doesn't look like you would be able to shorten it for winter. Well I guess you could cut it with a hacksaw, but I'd rather just pay the extra bucks for the AEM.

Back