Cold air intake question? Please help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skiefer

Ok, I want to buy a cold air intake for my 95 Accord EX. I was looking at the stock air intake and I noticed that there are two hoses that connect into the intake and that most cold air intakes I see online only have one place for a hose. What are these two lines for? Do I leave them unhooked? Do I just hook up one? Do both need to be hooked back up? Will it hurt anything if I don't? Please help me out.

im not sure about the second smaller nipple on the first one.... but the large nipple is simply a vent for the crank case. hook it up.

Yeah, the only reason i was wondering is because I didn't want to hook up an intake and leave something unhooked and it cause a problem. But yeah on the stock intake the are two hoses. I know one goes to the crank case but I am sure where the other one goes either. If I only use one of the hoses, I don't know what to do with the other hose.

AEM & other namebrand kits are usually complete & include detailed directions ... they explain what's needed to avoid the CEL coming on

coolant temp loop? so they are just going to dump coolant into the intake pipe? lol

any intake you buy will have every thing you need.

the non vtec accords only have one .... ex or vtec models have 2....so when you buy your intake they will ask for lx or ex....you say ex and bam they give you the correct one....

no no, on my civic there's a line that coolant runs through. I think the computer uses coolant temp for the throttle body, to prevent icing in cold weather.

I am not going to spend alot of money on an intake. So I am getting one off ebay..(links in my 2nd post) please don't flame me.. I am going to use an K&N filter. Anyhow one of them shows two holes to hook up hoses and one shows one hole for it. Do I need to hook both hoses up or just one? What is each one for and what does it affect? I don't want a CEL.

no one will flame you because of an ebay intake....that is essentialy what i reccomend to ppl.

i have a ractive (pos) intake for a 96-00 civic. i flipped i upside down cut off the top and slapped a k&n in on it....works great!

Back