1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cold start after new tb

Discussion in 'Integra' started by makemagick, Apr 29, 2013.

1. makemagick

makemagick Member

i got a new 68 mm throttle body and after installing it my car starts and stays at about 0.5 when it warms up it goes to normal. However with an old throttle body my idle was 2-2.5 rpm, however that throttle body was from b16 not gsr. But eventhough i still wouldnt expect such a drastic change

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

you will have to set your idle with the new throttlebody. every engine is different.

3. makemagick

makemagick Member

but adjusting idling would adjust idle for when it is already warm.no?? Cause it revs at 0.6 when it starts as soon as it warms up.everything goes.to.normal

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i'm not positive i havent touched a honda in 10 years.

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

ok what performance gains are you trying too gain from putting a larger throttle body on a stock motor ? Throttle response will be better if you port match it to the intake manifold. minimal hp gains, id put the stock shit back on, sell the TB, and spend money elsewhere that actually yeild siginificant gains, your engine doesn't suck in enough air to warrant a bigger throttle body

6. makemagick

makemagick Member

i didnt have anything stock, the jdm gsr throttle body pulley was the other way, i had b16 tb on hand so i put that on but its smaller than the original gsr. so i got blox 68 mm from a buddy of mine

7. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

jdm gsr aye ? well, let it warm up, adjust the idle, idle it down too 650-700 rpm, check codes, fix problems , or close hood, sell car, buy a prius

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted