Cold Start issues. IACV?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I left my CRX ZC hanging out for a few months (8) unused. I started it back up with no real issues, even though I was expecting a few. Once it started to get cold outside the car started to miscalculate the required amount of fuel until the engine got warm. I couldn't go anywhere because the engine would bog down any time I pressed the pedal. The only other thing I can do to get it to 'work' is stomping the gas pedal. After the pedal reaches a certain point, the car seems to get the right fuel ratio again. I'm guessing this is probably caused by the IACV, but I didn't know if there was anything that made more sense. My car has been throwing a TPS code, but the air/fuel hasn't really been a problem as a result until now, so I've left it unplugged as the car doesn't seem to have issues that way.

Thanks

I've had similar issues when my timing was off, but since yours starts running well when it gets warm, its not that.

It could be the IACV because those get gunked up real easy and could be affected by the cold temperature. I would suggest giving it a real good cleaning, and doing a full breakdown on the whole intake manifold, and cleaning everything just for shits.

Back