Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got it fixed:) I ended up throwing a new stat in and that fixed the problem. I drove it for about 10-15 minutes. It has a slight idle problem. I need to take a video to show you guys. The idle is smooth, but when you rev it, it has a slight hunting idle that takes a while to go away.

I also can't set the ignition timing at 16 degrees. The most retarded I can get it is about 16-17. This SHOULD be in the middle of the range as I rotate the dizzy.

Putting the 8lb fidanza fw sent from Cal. Thanks man:)
DSCN2063.jpg

Brand new OEM throwout bearing
DSCN2069.jpg

And a USED b series clutch. This came on on of my Hmotorsonline engines that I took off and never used. Works great!
DSCN2068.jpg

Getting ready to drop the motor into the car. I protected the valve cover with the packaging material the FW came in.
DSCN2070.jpg

Got it in
DSCN2084.jpg

DSCN2093.jpg

DSCN2100.jpg

The Mishimoto radiator and fan sent from Turbomirage fit great. This really helped clear the new header.
DSCN2094.jpg

Wiring in the LC-1 and AFR gauge

DSCN2109.jpg

DSCN2108.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg

And there it sits outside of the garage. In running shape. First time in a year... I definitely need to score an si grille. I am also not too keen on the black slips anymore. Opinions?
2011-06-18160116.jpg

the grill would be nice.. i like the slips on it..

Putting the 8lb fidanza fw sent from Cal. Thanks man:)

Getting ready to drop the motor into the car. I protected the valve cover with the packaging material the FW came in.

Yer welcome. And super heavy duty packing material courtesy of my last move package. :)

I've got around 200 miles on it now. I got the low load, cruising, and idle tuning done. Purrs at an 850 rpm idle like stock:) I finally broke and sampled a little vtec. I recorded the first run. This is with the limiter set at 7500, and the ignition dialed back a little for safety. Once break in is done, I'll get it on the dyno. Should be revving out to 9k+. The cams can use a little more tuning too to take advantage of the high compression. On the high load vtec fuel map, I bumped everything up 16% to compensate for the new cams. AFR is right at 12:1 at WOT in vtec. I think tuning it to 13:1 will help.

YouTube - ‪ITR civic - 1st VTEC run!‬‏

that Dove was pissing me off.. lol.. i have them all around my house, well i should say had them.. lol .. Gamo FTW!

that Dove was pissing me off.. lol.. i have them all around my house, well i should say had them.. lol .. Gamo FTW!

Sadly they are all in my neighbor's yard and I have qualms against lobbing some .22 slugs in that direction. The other morning I did catch a bunny feasting on my newly planted flowers. I hope he enjoyed his last meal.

my buddy has a .22 Beeman 1000fps pellet gun.. that thing is fun

This is my pidgeon plinker.
Crosman Tac 1 Extreme. .22, break barrel 1000 fps, Came with what you see, I ditched the tac light and laser though.
122274_ts.JPG

Back on topic with a little update:

I've got 500 miles on the motor now. Oil level is where it was at 500 miles ago, and I have not exactly been babying it.

The other day it was pretty hot out, and I had got almost 100 miles that day in stop n go cbus city traffic. The car felt like it temporarily lost power & wasn't running as smooth. Must have been heat soak, or the dizzy doesn't like getting hot:confused:

Last night I smoked a skunk. Pretty sure the downpipe on the header took it's head off and then cooked up the skunk stench. I've heard spraying ether will help dispel the stench.

Little update:

I calculated the mpg on the last tank and it got just over 31mpg average. Seems outstanding considering the ITR gearing and all the WOT runs I've made in a mix of city/country driving.

Also, I've smoked the rmf repica header on steep ramps twice. The thing seems to be super durable. The lowest point is the 4:1 collector with lots of welds - making it strong there. It was barely deformed.

:) Power and fuel efficiency. How long you think until a tune? Should be soon!

The gas mileage is nice:) I need to get it tuned, but the $500 cost is putting it off esp because the car is running so well right now. I have yet to raise the limiter from 8k - can't tell you how many times I've slammed into it haha. It wants to rev more. This reminds me that I need to pull the valve cover to make sure the timing belt hasn't stretched or anything.

Back