Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3700. wtf. what sap took that deal. i woulda given you 2500 for the eg.

It had some nice stuff on it still. Blown oe struts on ebay coils. Mmmm I miss that ride:puke:Basically I took all the shitty parts between the 2 cars and installed them on the eg, and put the nice stuff on the new ek or sold it off. When I sold it it still had si wheels, gsr brakes all around, and a healthy gsr swap. From 10+ feet away it looked nice. I think $3700 was a fair price.

It had some nice stuff on it still. Blown oe struts on ebay coils. Mmmm I miss that ride:puke:Basically I took all the shitty parts between the 2 cars and installed them on the eg, and put the nice stuff on the new ek or sold it off. When I sold it it still had si wheels, gsr brakes all around, and a healthy gsr swap. From 10+ feet away it looked nice. I think $3700 was a fair price.

lol, the moment i feel bad suspension on test drive i start low balling. its a pet peeve. anyway...

</threadjack>

yea n/a 4 cly FTL. I really miss the power. How has your setup been? Got any vids or pics?

my car is running really well, except for a high idle that i cant seem to figure out. its super quick and torquey. ill make a thread once i get some more pics and maybe vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
my car is running really well, except for a high idle that i cant seem to figure out. its super quick and torquey. ill make a thread once i get some more pics and maybe vids.

good to hear. check the fitv for your idle issues. that got me one before.

^^^^ rep cuyahoga falls^^^^

Well i came back a little dissapointed. I was consistently running a 14.7 at 96/97 mph with a 2.3 60'. It seems like most people with this setup are in the low 14's. Im going to blame the 90 degree heat, bald tires, and the fact that I drove 2 hour on my way to the track and jumped right in it. The stock gsr header isn't helping, and the previous owner has the intake cam clocked 2 degrees off. One thing that was strange is that in the right lane I was trapping at 97 consistently and in the left lane I was always 3mph slower at 94. Weird....

i love dragway 42! i have a ek hb w/ a itr swap, my first runs this year were 14.5@98 and then a 14.3@97.5 with hatch area gutted, pwjdm intake, tri-y, test pipe, 2 1/4 exhaust. i went again with the car totally gutted and stock itr intake tube w/ k n n filter, hit a 14.08@97.5 first run and didnt get better than a 14.2 the rest of the night. i saw also that your trap is better on the right, me too, i hit a 100mph on that side. sweet build n maybe ill see ya there sometime!!

I been through the axel nuts not coming off twice before too. Once on my accord, and when I pulled a z6 out of a civic. I ended up having to cut the axle nut off with an angle grinder. What a pain in the ass:mad:

I been through the axel nuts not coming off twice before too. Once on my accord, and when I pulled a z6 out of a civic. I ended up having to cut the axle nut off with an angle grinder. What a pain in the ass:mad:

i broke a couple 1/2 breaker bars on mine till i air chiseled the shit outta the nut... then it broke free with a 3/8 breaker bar.

Build thread is AWESOME
keep it up

I won't be working on it till the spring :(. The car is parked in the parent's garage for the winter while I move into my new house. I'm sure by then I'll be itching for something sweet. All the car needs at this point is a clutch and a rebuild. I'm thinking boost...

Boooooooooost FTW! I'd love to see this car boosted..

I'll be playing with my hatch this winter, mainly trying to get traction :thumbsup:

Moving is a pain in the ass, good luck with it bro

Boooooooooost FTW! I'd love to see this car boosted..

I'll be playing with my hatch this winter, mainly trying to get traction :thumbsup:

Moving is a pain in the ass, good luck with it bro

Thanks I'll need some good luck. Moving is a bitch. Buying and fixing up a foreclosed house in the dead of winter then moving in is going to be hell.

I'm debating what the build will be. I'm thinking stock block with upgraded rods/pistons. I'll leave the sleeves stock for cost reasons. The goal will be 400whp on high boost running 93 octane. I'd run it around 300-350 on the street, it would just be nice to be able to reach that magic 400hp mark. I'd like the car to be somewhat responsive, so I'm unsure that a turbo big enough to make 400 at the wheels on a b18c5 will spool any sooner than 4500 rpm's. Is there any particular setup you would recommend looking into?

There are some fast as shit cars where I work. This is no mistake given there are over 1000 gear heads in the same building as me. What is surprising is the lack of modded older Honda's. There's one guy that has a clean milano red EK with a built NA b16. Other than a few stock ITR's, not much else.

There's a single turbo supra, older viper, lots of f bodied and mustangs, and a few gto's and c5 vettes. Every once in a while someone brings in their classic muscle car. Don't get me started on the number of miatas.

There are some fast as shit cars where I work. This is no mistake given there are over 1000 gear heads in the same building as me. What is surprising is the lack of modded older Honda's. There's one guy that has a clean milano red EK with a built NA b16. Other than a few stock ITR's, not much else.

There's a single turbo supra, older viper, lots of f bodied and mustangs, and a few gto's and c5 vettes. Every once in a while someone brings in their classic muscle car. Don't get me started on the number of miatas.

dang..:eek:
so its either go big or go home then huh??

Back