Color choice advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

Well I plan on painting the sol some time soon and until now i've been planning on keeping it captiva blue. I'm doing everything. entire interior is coming out, glass is coming out, motor is being pulled since I've got plans for that anyways ( another post, another day). Now since i'm doing all this work why not make it "special"? I stumbled on this car:
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templates/st...eid=37&zoneid=1
I really like this color.

Heres a referance pic of how she looks now:
med_gallery_24267_478_1476985.jpg

Only body mods will be CF hood and type R lip. I plan on painting the sideskirts too.
So uh....yeah, I need some opinions.

personally... i've always liked captiva blue sols, particularly b's. so if it were mine, i'd keep it that color. but like E said, if you're feelin' that color... then go for it.

since this is a suggestion fourm, im gonna suggest you leave it how it is. I love the captiva blue. and for some reason...i feel myself drawn to steal your rims. Now i know they wont look good on my lude, but the might look good on a certain civic hatch.

I like the captiva blue alot too. If I keep it captiva blue i'll just double down on the pearl to make it look a lil better. Its a dead tie in my book at this point.

I like the blue,

and the green on the si is :puke:

Quoted post[/post]]
Best i could do to try and match your paint color

recolor.jpg

Do that in flat green, stencil some white letters on the side, and call it a day.

You could call it Sargent Sol :mrgreen:

Actually, that could be cool. All of your brands stenciled in white down the door in small letters, kinda like a crate of ammo or something..

Exhuast tips that look like gun barrels..

Oh god this is going too far..

Thats a really nice photoshop and if thats what it would look like then thanx for saving me from the worste decision of my life........ Well besides every decision I ever made on my crx. I know the blue will be sexy especialy with a lil extra pearl. The other green is quite a bit lighter so its still not 100%.

if it was me, i'd go with a darker blue metal flake.

kinda like half-way between that captiva blue and a midnight blue, but with some heavy flake, or high gloss, or something.

That green is decent, but i dont think it would look very good on a del sol. Im getting my EK hatch sprayed. Im going either 06 evo graphite grey pearl :worthy: :worthy: or white with a ton of blue pearl. I have never seen a white del sol in my life in person, but i think it would look pretty sweet with some different color pearl accent.

b6c109d2.jpg

This is Viper Blue, it is a chrysler color. From deltron is it like $98 a gallon or so. It has a very nice metallic to it.

I'm all about the stock honda colors myself. I think i'll just do the stock color with a lil extra pearl. I'll probaly try to lay down 3 good coats of clear so I can wetsand/buff the shit outa it. IMO THAT is what makes a good paintjob. Jim, your car looks nice as hell espeicialy the black intercooler/piping.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm all about the stock honda colors myself. I think i'll just do the stock color with a lil extra pearl. I'll probaly try to lay down 3 good coats of clear so I can wetsand/buff the shit outa it. IMO THAT is what makes a good paintjob. Jim, your car looks nice as hell espeicialy the black intercooler/piping.

or, you could lay some clear candy on top. that'd darken it up, and give it nice depth.

candy is not a paint for the do it your selfer. It takes a super steady hand and perfect coverage to look right.Also the cost of a candy is a waist on a honda. Stick with a good base/clear, or a single stage.

I like the color on the SI! A LOT!!

But not on a Del Sol. Stick with Blue!

yeah, I agree, I like the blue color it is now. Why are you changing it? Is the paint in poor condition or do you just want to change the color?

Back