Comcast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by micah@Jun 1 2004, 01:12 PM
i just switched from knology to comcast cable today..

about 10 mins ago actually :p

Comcast >>> Knology

good job.

Hehe, you shoulda seen the uproar when Us ATTBI people had to be changed over to comcast..they were gonna limit downloads from Newsgroups to 1gig a month..there was a ton of Anti Comcast ..but i have to admit, everything is really good so far since the switch

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 1 2004, 12:30 PM
Hehe, you shoulda seen the uproar when Us ATTBI people had to be changed over to comcast..they were gonna limit downloads from Newsgroups to 1gig a month..there was a ton of Anti Comcast ..but i have to admit, everything is really good so far since the switch

The bigger uproar in my area was before that, when they switched from the little local carrier to ATTBI. We had unrestricted upstream bandwidth in my neighborhood till then. <_<

Comcast recently increased their downstream bandwidth to 3Mbps, too. I'd rather they increase the 256Kbps upstream, but it's better than nothing. :D

Originally posted by randerson165@Jun 2 2004, 01:15 AM
I'm looking for an inside job :ph34r:

ah ha, heh heh. :ph34r:

I've had free basic cable, HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax for the last 6 years. :D

My mom had a fire in her house and her digital box melted. They are trying to charge her $320 for the unit. I have an identical box but it has different serials, so I was just seeing if there is anything, I mean anything somebody could do.

No Fire Insurance....

What box? If it is the new one with the "tivo" on it then i cant get it. But my neighbor works for an independent contractor. He got us our box. But he has been telling me they have been taking count on them now. But he still should be able to try. I can ask but i cant promise anything. But should i ask for you? If you are not near by i might be able to ship it but there is a 75 dollar fee for the box. I live in md btw. But again all i can do is ask i cant make any promises. As soon as you tell me to i will ask him that day and get back to you the next. Good luck.

You are legally allowed to use your own box instead of the one the cable company gives you, as long as you don't steal from them.

Yeah, I'm kinda confused with the way comcast does business. Anyways, Its not the Tivo version, just the regular digital box.

I was thinking that since my mom has to move, she can just transfer her service to her new place, buy the same model comcast digital box of ebay for $50 and then use that in her house. Then down the road a year or two later, when and if she decides to turn off her service, she can turn this one in and maybe comcast will let it slide regarding the serials, she can make some BS story about how the cable box didn't work and a tech came out and replaced it. I dunno.

i have comcast cable and I just ordered the high speed internet and splite the cable from the modem to my television and I get all the channels that my tv allows, up to 110. It works for me.

Back