compact amps; 100Wx4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Does anyone know of any good 70-100Wx4@4ohm RMS Amps that will fit behind the console or somewhere behind the dash? Is it even possible to mount one back there?

To mount behind the dash, I'll say no way. I cant imagine an amp being mounted behind the dash more than 50Wx2@4ohm reasonably.

Would you condsider an amp below your passinger seat. perhaps?

I have; I want to run as little wiring wiring as possible. I've search for amps that can fit under the seat, but most amps are too thick;for some reason the floor behind the seat area raises which causes that problem. Also, wouldnt a long power wire next to the speaker wire cause distortion/static? The CRX has fuel lines in the car; I want to run all the wires on the opposite side. BTW, there's an amp going in the back for a subwoofer...

Quoted post[/post]]
I have; I want to run as little wiring wiring as possible. I've search for amps that can fit under the seat, but most amps are too thick;for some reason the floor behind the seat area raises which causes that problem. Also, wouldnt a long power wire next to the speaker wire cause distortion/static? The CRX has fuel lines in the car; I want to run all the wires on the opposite side. BTW, there's an amp going in the back for a subwoofer...

memphis 250d, 150d, 50d those are all very compact

Pioneer amps tend to be compact.

Also, I know many people with CRX's that put amps in the storage spaces behind the front seats.

Thanks, I'll look into those. I'm having trouble finding those Memphis amps around here.

I know what you're talking about; the security compartment. I'm trying to find a spot that'll allow the shortest wiring for the speakers.

can I ask why ?

Also, there is NO place in the car, where the wires will be "shorter" than right smack dab in the middle - in the security box.

Quoted post[/post]]
can I ask why ?

Also, there is NO place in the car, where the wires will be "shorter" than right smack dab in the middle - in the security box.

I dont want to run wires next to the fuel lines; wouldn't a power wire cause interference? Also, I don't want to buy a long 4-channel cable; I already have a set of 2-channel cables but aren't long enough to reach the back. Also, if you put the amp in the middle the front wires have to go forward then back towards the speaker.

.. is that really an issue ? I mean running it by the fuel lines, what interference are you worried about here ? If it's dynamic flow, bear in mind that there is no air in your fuel line, and that the turbulence is the same as an empty pipe (Except 500 times as dense, or whatever the density ratio of fuel / air is these days).

Going forward and then back.... the 2" into the door ? No way around that.

I think you're wasting valuable brain bandwidth on this.

"I have; I want to run as little wiring wiring as possible. I've search for amps that can fit under the seat, but most amps are too thick;for some reason the floor behind the seat area raises which causes that problem. Also, wouldnt a long power wire next to the speaker wire cause distortion/static? The CRX has fuel lines in the car; I want to run all the wires on the opposite side. BTW, there's an amp going in the back for a subwoofer..."

I have my JL audio and my Eclipse amps mounted under both of my front seats, 96 civic with no problems with functionality. Just my .02

I've managed to fit a 35x4 amp into the glovebox. It's mounted on the top so the glovebox loses none of its usability.

dts7.jpg

The wires are short and easy to run.

Nice! What car and amp is that?

I figured a good spot to put the amp though; I'm modifying the air duct and putting it there(glue, sheet aluminum, and 2" pvc pipes).

Just curious why under the seat wouldn't work for you? The wires wouldn't be that much longer and you could run them so that they were hidden.

Thieves and I also tried it. The heatsink hits the seat. Under the seat is pretty common also; My uncle's truck just got hit up; his amp was under his seat and his sub(in the back seat but covered with a towel) was stolen too.

hmm they had that much time to get to that amp? wow I put them there for the reason that under the seat was harder to get to in my civic. oh well.

Quoted post[/post]]

I figured a good spot to put the amp though; I'm modifying the air duct and putting it there(glue, sheet aluminum, and 2" pvc pipes).

It's an 86 Accord and the amp is an old, old, incredibly old school Pioneer amp. Still works like a champ.

I'd install the amp in the air duct before it reaches the heater core. Hot air + hot amp = bad.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

It's an 86 Accord and the amp is an old, old, incredibly old school Pioneer amp. Still works like a champ.

I'd install the amp in the air duct before it reaches the heater core. Hot air + hot amp = bad.

Yea it's going in between the heater core and blower(where the a/c core/heat exchanger is at; the a/c will be removed though because the compressor doesn't work anyways). It's not actually mounted in the air duct; but outside of it(the ducting will be modified)...you'll be able to see the amp behind the glove box.

Back