compatible swap questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
So my friend threw a bearing in her civic the other day, it was a D16Y8, in a 94 Civic EX.

I found another 94' hatch with a d15 in it and wondering if it would be a clean swap? I havent actually seen the motor, my dad actually has a buddy with it, so its only word of mouth right now. I know depending if its MPFI, or DPFI would matter but would anything else?

I had a d16y8 in my 93 hatch and threw a bearing bought a d15b7 from someone they said it is basicaly a pull out and put in so yes it is a clean swap and if she wanted to take her head off the d16 which should be vtec she can put it on the d15 which might not be vtec and she can get about 20 more hp

I had a d16y8 in my 93 hatch and threw a bearing bought a d15b7 from someone they said it is basicaly a pull out and put in so yes it is a clean swap and if she wanted to take her head off the d16 which should be vtec she can put it on the d15 which might not be vtec and she can get about 20 more hp

Lol thanks, but shes not worried about the extra HP, so switching heads wouldnt matter. But +rep for the answer.

Back