Competitive licensing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fionntan

Banned
I was wondering if anyone knows what I have to do to get a competitive license? I tried to look it up on google, but I am not sure what to look for exactly.

I assume it is a racing license...I live near Roebling Raceway and I was looking up the rack fees an what not, and it says you have to have a competitive license to drive on the track. Here is the link.
Roebling Road Raceway - Rental

I just want to go and do the test and tune. I am not really looking into racing, just fun on the weekend kinda stuff.

find a sports car driving club in your area that rents the track and do HPDEs with them

to race or test and tune on a road course with other cars on the track you need an SCCA competition license

to get a SCCA competition licence you need to attend a racing driving school, a properly prepped race car ( can rent them) and a licenced proctor ( instructor) to give the driving test.
look to spend around 3000-4000 to get all those things if you dont have any connections.

if you want road racing with out the cash outlay, look into SOLOI or SOLOII. neither requires special licensing or prepped race cars, you run a road course by yourself and you are racing against the clock. much cheaper for the beginner.

to race or test and tune on a road course with other cars on the track you need an SCCA competition license

to get a SCCA competition licence you need to attend a racing driving school, a properly prepped race car ( can rent them) and a licenced proctor ( instructor) to give the driving test.
look to spend around 3000-4000 to get all those things if you dont have any connections.

if you want road racing with out the cash outlay, look into SOLOI or SOLOII. neither requires special licensing or prepped race cars, you run a road course by yourself and you are racing against the clock. much cheaper for the beginner.

A new user with genuinely useful information? That earns some rep right there.

yea.. he seems to know his shit.. he's received a lot of negative rep too

Back