Complete Carbon Fiber DashBoard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda_Motor_Co.

Im looking in the import tuner and i see this Orange Type R so i start reading and it says Carbon Fiber DashBoard :blah: ! Anyone know a company that produces Carbon Fiber DashBoards for honda or maybe even FiberGlass DashBoard for a street car :boxing: or even a carbon fiber company that will make a custom one for me? :feedback:

I've just seen them around ebay and what not. Check MMRUSA.com, they might have something that you could use.

:spin: At mmr i found a 6lbs Fiber dashboard there for race use only but I would like to use my ac i found a company that make ac compressors that dont run a on a belt just electricity can mount anywhere! I have a carbon fiber trunk, wing, roof scoop, kaminari ram air SS hood where just the scoop is carbon fiber. I would really like a carbon dash board. :werd:

:D Great i found a custom carbon fiber fabricator and he has a website
he also shows his work he dosent own a shop or a factory but hes pretty good at what he does. For you people who are trying to do something similar like me goto http://www.carbonfiberparts.net he dosent charge pretty high his prices are good! :beer: :idea:

He show parts that he molded off an Rx-7 and produce to Carbon Fiber real cool.

:bo:

Im gonna go have my 95 Dx door panels and dashboard into carbon fiber also interior door handles and door handle frame, my sub woofer box, shift lever box... oh man my shits gonna rock.
Thank mali i found these CF Honda emblems at that site !!! Im gonna purchase them

SUPER LIGHT WIEGHT :driver:

not everyone is into performance.....i want a cf hood, cf hatch, cf lip, cf side skirts but i am poor :(

Are you aware of the extensive work that has to be done to do carbonfiber? Its worth just paying someone else.

yeah my buddy has a C-fiber covering his entire stereo.

1.you build a mold (in this case you could get tha fiberglass dash and cover that, cause it would have less creases)

2.lay the fiber

3.resin

Um, no. You have to have a special adhesive and a thick plastic molding bag. Then you have to have the suction equipment to suck the molding bag to the material. Its a long process to get CF to have the show quality finish. I do fiberglass weekly. I was going to get into CF production but the materials cost was too high.

you may be right

i know they mass produce stuff like that, especially seats and mirrors and stuff like that, but if you check out companies like C-West, all their fiber is hand laid

all i know is my buddy has about 100 pics of the process and all the guy did was lay it over the mold make sure its clipped tight and resin it. but then again an amp rack doenst have as many curves as a dashboard

Back