Complete Change Over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djdominos

i have a civic cx and just wanted to know if i need a complete change over if i want to swap the engine with a b18b1, im not sure what all u get with a comlete change over so a list of stuff i dont need would be the best, but also feel free to list the stuff i need :ph34r:

o yeah its a 1998 civic cx,
and i also have a completly different question that i just thought of... if u swap in a new motor, do u have to get a custom intake? im sure the same intake wouldnt fit for both engines

find a complete obd2 swap for your car. when i say complete i mean try to get everything--->Longblock, tranny,ecu, axles, mounts, shiftlinkage--->everything.

it will be cheaper in the long run.

so i should get the complete changeover from my boys at hmotorsonline.com... cool
how much more does this engine way than my 106hp bad boy i got in there now?
i dont want my eibachs to get to over powered, although its only a 2 inch drop kit :unsure:

Wih the complete changeover from Hmotorsonline you should be good,but there is always the little things.But anyway I have a 1.8 drop in the front and it is fine the B18 doesn't weight that much more than the D.

im assuming that the 94-01ls is a complete obd2 swap, does it matter what year it comes from or is the whole generation obd2?
and how much problems am i going to have with emissions and my insurance company, i just got done reading about how i could get grundelled by my insurance company, but it just made my head hurt, i live in maryland, does anyone know if ill get screwed or maybe even grundelled by my insurance after doing the swap?
you know its going to hurt :moon:
its the grundelled finger :thumbsup:

why tell your insurance, they wont cover the mods anyway unless you want to pay for coverage beyond what the car is worth, and even then i don't hink they will go for it. in fact they may just drop you for saying anything. at least thats what my insurance bitch would have done. when my car got hit i got a couple estimates, and the total was around $5000 for repairs, when i said i wanted to fix it myself the fucking bitch lowballed me and said it could be fixed for $3000 so thats all the money i got. fuckin bitch.

any way back to the question. not all ls motors are obd2, 96+ are all obd2 but if you go to 90-91 they are obd0, and 92-95 are obd1

sup! Since your car is a 1998, it's an obd2. Remember one thing, all 94-95 ls are obd1 and all 96-98 are obd2, but all 99-01 are obd2b or obd2.5. It might not seem like that, but that's how it is. If I would you i would go for an obd2 since my car is an obd2. Also, it's illegal to swap a motor that is older than your car into your car. If you swap an 1996-98 ls, you can always go to referee check and register the motor as an civic ls so you won't get in trouble when you get pull over by cops. Remember, whatever you swap always go for an obd2 so you won't have to go through stress and headache. LOL.. aight later

Back