Complete EG to EF suspension swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

funtasticm

Hi, Noob post here. I know this topic has been around here and there but I seem to see a lot of talk about just swapping the forks. Can an entire suspension swap be completed front and rear from EG to EF? (from a 94 si hatch to 90 dx hatch) I have opportunity to get complete rear from a 94 SI with the disk brake setup included for Reeeally cheap and wondering if can be done and if worth it. At this point seems so much easier to find product/parts for the EG series and I would later be buying coilovers to replace all the struts.

BTW, also doing an auto to standard D16Z6 swapin for a D15B1 auto. Great little commuter engine but opportunity came along so...

Not actually new at this but first big honda project...

Check this link out. This is the full list of write ups. The first link on the list tells you pretty much everything you want to know about an EF suspension and what works with it.

Ben's EF Resource

I'll say right now the rear stuff will work as that is what I have on my ED6. You will need to use the EF compensator arms (toe adjustment) and what ever the little arm in the middle is called on the rear trailing arm, the rear LCAs from the eg will fit.

Ok, so from what I can gather the fronts are partially swappable and the rears are almost identicle however there seems to be some contention as to the rear trailing arms. Upon looking at some of the parts diagrams they seem very similar (of course differing part numbers) although seems even though people say can swap the uca from the eg to the ef they are different. looking for confirmation on this.

I have read on some posts on different sites that the spindles can be swapped. This would be ideal as the geometry of the remaining suspension would not change. Can anyone confirm this at all? I can get a complete setup in great shape here for 200 and thinking that it is a deal not to pass up for a disc swap.

thanks.

Front UCA? No. They're different length; closes is DA and even that's not exactly the same.

Swapping the spindles will change the geometry like hell. You'd have to slam the car to get zero camber(we're talking like a 4" drop or more). If you want larger front disc on your EF, look for 90-91 EX front knuckles; stock they're 10.3"

I see, the fronts are normally referred to as the spindles and the rear as trailing arms. With that said, the trailing arms swap over and IIRC the EG RUCAs are the same length.

Thanks again, not intending to confuse. I too refer to the front steer knuckles as spindles even though the spindle is only the part that the hub bolts over directly on the knuckle. The rear however, I thought the spindles could be removed from the trailing arm bolted onto the new trailing arm, however if can be swapped over directly I may just go ahead and pick up this rear setup and swap it in. My big concern was only with the physical geometry of the suspension camber. If the parts changed will not affect then its a go in my books. Thanks again.

Again, as in my first statement, the rear EG trailing arms and LCA will work. I have that set up on one of MY ED6s. I know in ben's write up that he didn't know but I'm sure this was written in like 03-04 and I personally drive an ED6 with 93 EG Si rear trailing arms and calipers. 89-00 The rear trailing arm design is exactly the same on Civic/Integras. The only thing I can't say for sure is ITR/CTR. I have had no plans to go 5 lug.

Thank you very much Korax!:rimshot: Duly advised. Am going to go ahead with the swap

Back