Complete exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dstein

I have a 97 del sol vtec w/ stock b16 engine. I need a complete exhaust and am going to do a header as well. Not a racer just a daily driver but would like the performance from the header. Looking for suggestions for parts, where to buy and if I should do it myself. Thanks in advance for the help.

You won't get any performance from just a header and exhaust, just added butt-dyno power from the sound.

Just get an intake. It will sound better then a stock B16 with an exhaust/header (e.g. not ricey). In fact it will sound rather good, sort of like a crotch rocket on steroids (just not as loud). None of the above will get you more then 8-10WHP (on the high side), even if you get all 3. Just FYI. Of course, if you had to pick two, Id say go with the intake and a header.

Not restricted by budget, and fairly mechanical. I just want to do it right the first time so it's the last time.

AEM/Injen intake, Hytech or JDM Type R replica header, Apex'i/RS-R exhaust, done. I'd look for deals on E-Bay. You can get name-brand parts there for really cheap, cheaper then most any other website. Just make sure you buy from reputable sellers...vendors with E-Bay stores preferably...

Thanks for the help. I'm on it and will let you know how it works out. Probably take me a few weeks to get it done.

Definately look into ebay deals, I got my AEM intake off ebay for like $75 last year, box was slightly damaged nothing wrong with intake. Just go to AEM's website and get the part number then search for it on ebay, you could save a lot of money that way. I have a Magnaflow exhaust myself, listen to different ones to see what you like. I like the deeper tone.

Back