Complete Magnaflow System

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rockenroller6

Well I got my new exhaust system fabricated and welded on, which consists of a Magnaflow high flow cat, and Magnaflow street series muffler 14830. I originally had a DC Sports Cat-back system, which I was rather pleased with for about a year. Then I started to get annoyed with the ever increasing high pitched tone of the muffler. So after some thought, I decided to keep the DC stainless pipe which is 2.5" and buy a new Magnaflow street series Oval muffler and High flow cat. I wanted something that was going to give me a more low profile look and could be tucked well under my car with a smooth tone. I cut the DC system just behind my rear control arm and welded a new piece of bent stainless 2.5" and welded it all up, giving me a tight joint free seal so I would not have to worry about gaskets and exhaust leaks. Over all, I'm very, very pleased with the results, sounds very smooth at idle and during daily driving conditions is rather quite with a nice low growl, no ricer buzz here! At higher RPM and with Vtec engaged it sounds awesome, again a nice deep growl and no ricer buzz! So thought I would post my outcome and reactions in case someone else was wondering about the Magnaflow street series mufflers, if great quality and sound is what you want, look no farther!

When I welded on the new pipe, I made a bigger bend so the pipe would clear my Hardrace control arm, and not rub like the DC system did. Also, I had to cut the underside of my bumper so the muffler would have a good tucked fitment, easly done with a dremel!

Attachments

• Hardrace Control Arm.jpg
    Hardrace Control Arm.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Back