1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by evcivic, Jun 3, 2003.

1. evcivic

evcivic Junior Member

guys and girls iam really having a problem with what i should get. iam doing an lsvtec on a 98 hatch and i plan on doing at least 75-100 shot of nos. my problem is that i do not know what compression i should run.so far the best 1 one i have heard was 11:1 but i would have to over bore by at least .20 and i don't think my block can hanlde it. i would like to stay stock bore. is 12:1 to high. please help.......iwanna do at least 275 with nitrous

2. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

may i ask pounds of what ??
    I believe you are reffering to using a 75-100 shot of NOS

you have a few things quite confused and you goals just a little to far fetched.

not to be a asshole or anything but,before you begin looking around for an engine build up I highly suggest educating your self quite a bit as it seems you are quite lost.

275 w/ nitrous is going to require a bit of work. your most likely going to have to sleeve the block.
    and a high compression isn't always the answer. again I stress that you start doing your homework before
    you begin wasting shit loads of money and finding out you did it all wrong.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

fuel fuel and more fuel management.

a 75 shot isn't too much, 100 pushes the limit. you'll need injecotrs, and something to control it.
    i recommend the AEM EMS for its n20 capabilities.
    but thats 1200 bucks itself.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted