compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96civhb

what is the reason for using lower compression for a turbo setup and higher compression for non-turbo ?

can you get more power out of stock or higher compression than lowering the compression with the same amount of boost?

yes..... but detonation might be a problem at a certain CR...like above 10.5:1......

i heard water injection can help with preventing detonation. would it be possible then to run higher than 10.5:1 with water injection?

i just always heard that lower compression was used for fi. being the assuming person i am, i thought it was to save the engine. if you use 11:1 compression w/ a turbo id assume itd be easier to throw a rod or the like...gotta think...you are putting a lot more pressure on that engine than what it was designed for....

people turbo stock gsr's,b16's and type r's all the time. you just dont want to turbo a 13:1 cr. in other words if your building a turbo motor dont throw high comp pistons in. run lower compression and more boost

Back