comptech SC 06 acura TL at @DYNO in 25min

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SnapshotJPEG.jpg

I don't get it, why did he change the brakes over? the factory brimbos weren't good enough for him? or is the car an auto?

yeah the car is AT and its an 06
i think the brembos are on the 07 TL typeS

yeah the car is AT and its an 06
i think the brembos are on the 07 TL typeS

Every TL with a 6 speed from 04+ has brimbos,
Also I believe the AT tranny cars WITH nav came with brimbos.

My 04 has them.

So if you ever see a TL, look at the front wheels and chances are you can figure out if its an auto or 6 speed based on the brakes

well the calipers don't say brembo. looking at them

They don't but you can tell they're not normal brakes, the factory non brimbo brakes look like a gray deck of playing cards. the brimbos are large, black, and say ACURA on them. The pads I'm running on my car came from the subi dealership, they're the STI pads. I can also run the EVO pads.

DSC01468a.JPG

Notice how much room there is between the wheel and the caliber? the wheel just clears it.

yeah. these are not those...
any pics of the car?

the caliper in the BBK wont let a CC pass because the numbers hit the inside of the 19" and thats with a 3mm spacer...

caliber = gun. caliper = brakes

Nice car though... I know I want one.

I can't spell and right clicked on the misspelled word and google made it right.... just the wrong right, either way I spelled it wrong ha. =)

As far as picture so the car, it's fully stock. nothing special. but it does do a good job being a beater.

Last edited:
Back