compustar alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jinstuh

i just recently bought a compustar alarm cause i heard it was one of the best alarms to get. well, i wanna know if it is or not? i dont want to install a piece of crap and get my car jacked you know what i mean

With the right options, and a good installer, you'll be a lot safer. I'd speak directly with a tech guy to be sure. You could install a battery backup alarm(or a few of them) on the inside of your car, and make sure your alarm doesn't reset if you disconnect the battery.

My alarm is locked with a bitwriter, which tells it to go off, and if you disconnect/reconnect the battery, it will keep going off. All the while the battery backup alarms will still go off. Hide everything!!!!! Not just a few wires, but the components.

which pager do you have???

if you have the nice one with the screen, then its pretty tight, sepecially if its all out with remote start, keyless entry blah blah blah.

its really good. i plan on getting it on teh next car

I have the tight one with the screen. It vibrates, beeps, lights up, and shows you what's going on.

I like it. It's really nice to know what's going on. It tells me when the car starts, or when it's out of range. It does have good range. It says if someone tried to open a door, or the trunk, or the hood. Locked/Unlocked.

Does everything I want or need, and some I don't.

i like the little exhaust icon to let you know its running

Im an installer and i do have to say that the compustars are good alarms when installed properly. I have noticed that they are very similar to the Autopage 850. It to has the lcd remote with all the bells and whistles.

I have had my compustar for over a year now. It is the 2WSSAS, and it is a wonderful alarm. The only problems I have had is the "knock to call owner" sensor likes to go off on its own. I dont know if it is because of the cold up here, or if it is a problem with the system. I did install in myself, and it was a bitch. It wasn't my first system installing, I have installed several others before, but I do vow that it is one of the most difficult systems to do. Im not some DIYer person, I am a certified Automotive Tech who specializes in electrical. The problem is the system is designed to be installed by Firstech trained professionals, not the average DIYer who is doing it for their first time. So overall, have in installed professionally, otherwise you'll regret the troubles. BTW, I really didn't want to pay $700 to have it installed prof, thats why I did it myself. Bought it on ebay for $290. I'm not trying to promote someone to buy it on there, just explaining the reason why I did it myself.

Back