1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer guys i need some advice

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 97hatch, Dec 15, 2003.

1. 97hatch

97hatch ?

Ok i have this problem. To start off with i will explain my setup. Im runing win XP PRO with dual monitors that are running off a ATI Radion VE. ok the problem i have is. Eack time I boot my computer monitor #2 changes the resolution to 800x600 and monitor #1 stays at my prefered 1024x768. This problem has just arised out of the blue I have not changet drivers and the monitors are the exact same is there some thing that i can change in the reg to stop this ive tried to up date driver and rollback the driver and nothing works. And yes it does this on all user accounts
    any ideas would be great.
    Thanks

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

if i remember correctly...

my old laptop had this problem when using the main display AND a monitor. you couldnt get each to the same resolution, one would be 800x600 and the other 1024x768. i was told it was because there wasnt enough video memory to push them both out to the desired resolution....

i could be wrong, though.

3. 97hatch

97hatch ?

well i dont think that this is the problem since it has been this way for over a year and it just started doing it on its own

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted