Computer help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

Ok, well last night i decided to download system mechanic for the free trial period to eliminate some of the virus's on my roomates computer. Downloaded it, and it starts installing all this panda firewall type shit along with other misc. programs. Open it up, scan and i get one virus. I then try to open up mozilla and it comes up with some window saying
windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe you may have types the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. If i try to search for the file I get 'C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe is not a vaild folder. Same thing for MS word AND I cannot get into the Add/remove programs because of the "error" thing. IE works for some reason :shrug2:
Any ideas?
TIA

remove system mechanic.

using explorer, browse to your program files folder, and see if in fact they do exist. if they don't re-install it

Thanks B, Ok i deleted system mechanic and all the other stuff that came with it THAT I KNOW OF. mozilla still gets the same message EVEN when i try to uninstall it. Word says windows cannot find ". you may have typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
Do i have to reboot after deleting those files?

Ok i rebooted and i get windows cannot find "xxxxxxxxx. you may have typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
xxxxxxxx= all of the programs that start when rebooting the computer such as
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Ofiice\Office\OSA9.exe
""......................\commonfiles\Microsoft Shared\works sahrd\wkcalrem.exe
there are 6 of these "error" messages which i am guessing to be the lil icons for the programs running (in the lower RH side of the screen)

Back