Computer in a wooden case?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Will it be ok to put a PC in a wooden(hardwood) case? I will add grounding wires, etc. but just want to know; will it be a fire hazard or will the electrical system be just fine?

Quoted post[/post]]
Will it be ok to put a PC in a wooden(hardwood) case? I will add grounding wires, etc. but just want to know; will it be a fire hazard or will the electrical system be just fine?

The electrical system will be just fine as long as the circuit is properly grounded. I would worry depending on the location of your CPU and where the heatsync and fan are. You could possibly get the computer real hot and there would be your only fire hazard. If you watercool the system, there'd be no chance of fire, really.

there is no way the inside of your computer is going to reach 500 degrees farenheit before you fry your cpu. don't worry about it, its completely safe.

Yeah, I would worry about plastic before wood. What you do have to keep in mind is that a wooden box is going to get hot. The ambient air temps just sitting there, empty, is going to warm up past room temperature. According to my fan cooled aluminum case right now, my case is at 26c, and my room is 18c. My fans move the case's volume of air 6 times every minute.

Back