Computer in my vehicle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Does anyone know if a computer will run fine inside of a car? I'm worried about shaking. Reason I'm doing this is so I don't have to buy a laptop to tune with Crome; My cousin is selling his AMD processor(2.2ghz xp) and mini-atx board. I was thinking about putting my 1.4ghz processor on the mini-atx board, custom case and little LCD monitor...all powered by inverter. Should I worry about condensation or anything since it's cold right now?

Thanks for the link ripperbone! I seen a setup like that before, but it was in a Mustang and had a bigger monitor(it was in a computer magazine). Its a good setup, but I don't need anything "perminent" like that; but I'm guessing just having any case will suffice?

Yea, its pricey; but what about just those case? They look pretty sturdy; will a micro-atx motherboard fit in there?

Ive done the setup before, you just have to watch where you are going or you might damage your hard drive. I had it setup insde a 17" LCD that i pulled the bezel off of and then i cut into the dash, and put the screen where the airbag was.

its a very difficult process especially since i had the thing bracketed in the trunk, but its pretty cool in the end. The guy i did it for still has it in his trunk, ill see if i can get pictures. Buy extension cords and do it right....dont be another half assed wannabee, cause that just aint even worth it.

Quoted post[/post]]

Yea, its pricey; but what about just those case? They look pretty sturdy; will a micro-atx motherboard fit in there?
case look good, but I dont think a mirco-atx board will fit they are putting mini-itx boards in the cases. the cases are too small

I might just put it in a shoe box :p lol. I just need to know if I need to make the case sealed or not. Also; I've noticed those car pc's use a DC-DC power supply; will there be a drawback to using an Inverter? Also, should i hook a capacitor to the inverter to keep constant flow of power when starting the car?

It's nothing permanent; just there for temporary tuning; so I don't want to spend alot of money into it

Back