Computer Woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I have just got XP Pro installed on a HP Pavilion 522c which has everything onboard (audio, NIC, USB, video, etc.). The only card is a PCI modem card which got autodetected and drivers loaded fine by XP Pro. Upon opening the Device Manager, I found the following: An category called Other Devices with the following items or entries: Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, SM Bus Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatiable). To me, it looks like a situation in which the OS sees the devices but unsure how to load the drivers for this onboard stuff.

Thanks guys.

yeah.. you need drivers for all your hardware. your mother board probably came with a cd... chances are they are on there.

either run the setup program on the cd, or right click in device manager, properties, update driver, and browse to the right inf file

actually its not mines, its my friends.. and the stupid shit loss ALL of his discs.. thats why im doing the reboot for him because he had like over 500 viruses after a norton's session... i tried hp and they dont have shit and the drivers they do have doesnt load up right and ends.. it said they have an msi mobo and i also tried their site.. no info on the mobo and i tried to get a new bios, but it wouldnt upgrade with the "liveupdate" crap they given me.. oh yeah its one of those shitty intergrated video/audio mobos.. if anyone can help, thanks a lot

go on HPs website and download the drivers specific to his model. they are all listed on there.

because its an integrated one already and im just gonna dump XP Home back into it... Anyone have a legit key i can use?? i lost not one, but two keys.. shit im a dumb ass.. or i cant do that here?

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 14 2004, 12:32 AM
go on HPs website and download the drivers specific to his model. they are all listed on there.
[post=376730]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: :ditto: :fosho:

lost the cds... and ive tried HP and no of the drivers work.. when i tried to install the audio driver, it would freeze and say im missing files and stop installing.. when i install the video driver, nothing would happen.. it still says im missing a VGA controller.. and ive googled everywhere and found an ethernet driver and that too didnt work.. so i just really want to dump xp home back in and call it good.. besides hp's supports sucks.. ive done some research and people say its probably as bad as AOLs.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Aug 17 2004, 12:00 PM
lost the cds... and ive tried HP and no of the drivers work.. when i tried to install the audio driver, it would freeze and say im missing files and stop installing.. when i install the video driver, nothing would happen.. it still says im missing a VGA controller.. and ive googled everywhere and found an ethernet driver and that too didnt work.. so i just really want to dump xp home back in and call it good.. besides hp's supports sucks.. ive done some research and people say its probably as bad as AOLs.
[post=377999]Quoted post[/post]​

Open the tower up and look at all the integrated chips in the motherboard for teh sound card, network card etc.....the names of the manufacturer should be there...then download the drivers per the manufacturer's model #'s that are on the chips

Back