Concerns on JDM B18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

What concerns need to be taken into consideration when swapping a JDM B18c into a 92 Hatch Si rather than a USDM B18c?? I thought i read somewhere that some wiring has to be done because plugs dont fit?? Would it be easier to get a USDM motor instead??? Any opinions or suggestions would be great

98% of the time, the easiest method of putting a motor into a car is to use your stock wiring harness.

add the wires for the knock sensor, and iab, and you're done.

if you need plugs (ie, the plug ends) the jdm harness plugs will work fine. the difference is that the jdm model is right hand drive, and thus, the plugs won't reach correctly, as its fed the opposite direction from the firewall into the engine bay.

even if you go with the usdm motor, id still say use the stock z6 harness, and add the 2 above mentioned sensors' wiring.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2004, 10:35 AM
98% of the time, the easiest method of putting a motor into a car is to use your stock wiring harness.

add the wires for the knock sensor, and iab, and you're done.

if you need plugs (ie, the plug ends) the jdm harness plugs will work fine. the difference is that the jdm model is right hand drive, and thus, the plugs won't reach correctly, as its fed the opposite direction from the firewall into the engine bay.

even if you go with the usdm motor, id still say use the stock z6 harness, and add the 2 above mentioned sensors' wiring.
[post=402932]Quoted post[/post]​

ok that helps, i was planning on using the z6 harness but didnt know if the plugs were the same. Now you said the plugs wont reach correctly?? Does that mean i have to extend everything or a select few??

Originally posted by stedscivic@Oct 15 2004, 09:03 AM
i used the harness of my old d16 ran the knock and i was all set
[post=402915]Quoted post[/post]​

so you didnt have any problems with the plugs reaching correctly?

on my usdm b18c1, using my stock d16z6 wire harness, the only things that didin't reach were the oil pressure sender and 1 of the 2 distributor plugs. i simply moved the dist. plug harness holder thingge (the metal bracket that the plug attaches to) and it reached- but the o2 pressure sender i had to lengthen.

thanks guys, one more thing, with an OBDI LS motor its just plug it up and go right? No extra sensors need wired?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2004, 01:03 PM
since when was this thread about an ls swap? b18c = gsr or jdm sir-g
[post=403031]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry, i'm still deciding between an LS and GSR, so i was making sure the LS is plug and play with my z6 harness also?

Back